Do you know how dangerous steam under pressure is?

Just something to think of the average power boiler is 18 feet in diameter and 52 feet long give it a 2.2 million square Inch internal surface area and since there usally running at 1000 psi or more that's at least 2.2 BILLION pounds of pressure trying to rip the boiler drum apart

Most Helpful Girl

• My geek brain went to steam as in the online game store 😂😂😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything under pressure can be seriously dangerous. Having seen what a BLEVE can do... Yeah, I know how dangerous it can be.

• Only in video

• Sure there is a cleaner and cheaper way of doing it.

• Not really there just piece of rubber and the scrap the inside of the pipe as the greater preasure behind them pushes them forward down the pipe

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, it can be quite dangerous. Steam traveling out of a small pin hole and cut someone and kill them. Thus, making submarines one of the most dangerous places to be.

• Also of a pipe busts all the steam would excape burning and suffocating every one on bored

• I don't know around 170 degrees celsius and that's very dangerous

• Mt. St. Helens.