How much would you charge for being a driving escort?

A family friend asked if I would like to make extra money by picking her child up from school and dropping her off at dance practice two times a week. Except on the second day I would most likely have to drop her back off at home after dance. What do you think is a fair price? Is $30 good? I figured I'd charge $10 for gas and $20 for services rendered.

Most Helpful Guy

• How long is the drive in time?

• She hasn't said yet. I was going to call her tomorrow to inquire about the distance. I know her house is a 25 minute drive from mines. The school and dance practice I have no idea about. I just needed a starting based. Might be looking at 1 hour in total on the first day and 1.5 hours the second day.

• I think $30 is good if you're doing it as a favor, I wouldn't think it's $30 would be worth the time at least not for me if it was only for the extra money

• Yeah, it would be after I get out of work and it'seems only two days a week. I'll ask her what she thinks first and then respond.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends in the distance and time required if it is only an hour a week total I would say $30 sounds far enough.

• I know her house is a 25 minute drive from mines. The school and dance practice I have no idea about. I just needed a starting base. Might be looking at 1 hour in total drive time on the first day and 1.5 hours the second day.

• For me I was just happy to do it because those kids were at my house five days a week after school with their Mom and good for my sister. Sure I watched the kids for an hour at night sometimes but I was home anyways.

If the Mom is comfortable she should offer you X amount to do it which should sound like enough to you. It comes down to your means and hers.

• Oh okay. Thank you for the advice. I did babysit for her a year ago about 3 times. I don't remember what she paid me but it was fair considering it what I had to do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• 30 a day? Sure why not.