I punched a NFL defensive lineman and he didn't hit me back with equal force. Was that wrong of him?

I lost my cool at a bar and punched him square on the jaw. He responded by breaking my eye socket. He's twice my size is he wrong for not hitting me with equal force. Why didn't he just try to restrain me?

He's twice my size. Why does he think it's ok to hit me back?
Everyone knows that the smaller person can't cause much harm by hitting so it should be ok.

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Cause he's not a police officer. It's not his job to react like a mature individual in the position of authority.

And he probably DID hit you back with equal force.

His 80% is probably much stronger than your 80% though.

Sucks to suck.

Nice troll, though.

• You mean to tell me that a person who is bigger and stronger is not in the wrong for reacting.

• That is what I mean.

You put yourself in that situation. You're an adult. You know better.

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting your ass handed to you was the risk you chose for yourself when you swung on him first... Had you never been in a fight before?

• But it works for women. They hit someone twice their size and are suppose to get restrained at the very most.

• You were correct in your assumption. The only one able to see what I was getting at.

• I so smart... 😄

What Girls Said 3

• That's complete bullshit you two are men... well your supposed to be, and you punched him for no reason so why shouldn't he punch you back? Grow a pair and admit you were wrong for punching him for a stupid reason. You should of realised he was bigger and that you were gonna get your ass kicked for hitting him. Don't be a little bitch about it just because the guy was bigger than you. Why would you punch him if you weren't ready for him to reciprocate the action? I think this is absolute bullshit and your definitely in the wrong here.

• Ahh. Now substitute a woman who hits her boyfriend. That is the point of this post.

• Then dump her. A girl is a whole different story. Should she hit you? No but if you were to hit her back it's just disrespectful and a dick move. Number 1 a girl unless bigger than you can't hurt you that badly and you can restrain her to calm her down. With men most of the time you are not rational enough to realise enough is enough so if you hit a man out of anger the other man is not going to think logically he's going to hit you back almost 100% of the time. Number 2 a women has nothing to defend herself, a man can obviously over power a girl almost every time so it's an unfair fight. But man vs man is much more fair. But fighting is wrong no matter who is doing it and ultimately you started it and he finished. You both aren't right but your hit had no reason behind it, his did so his is justified.

• And that is the answer that spawned this question. It would be stupid of me to hit someone much bigger and stronger and expect a kind and gentle response in return. I just don't understand the logic of women that seem to think they are immune to this.

• Lol a guy who provoked a gorilla is now mad because the gorilla got angry and hit back. Where is your brain located and why aren't you using it?

• My brain was composing a question to show that it is utterly stupid for a person to strike a person of greater size and strength. Mainly the "I hit my boyfriend why did he hit me back".

• Your both in the wrong...

What Guys Said 10

• Oh really and now your on gag typing with a broken eye socket ok

• He broke your eye socket... that's more than the force you hit him with...
    You should've gotten Ray Riced!

• I call bullshit but I'll answer anyway.
    You shouldn't have punched him. End of story. Someone half my size is stupid enough to fuck with me, they're not going to do it twice.

• I'd take that as an equivalent to an autograph.

• He hit you back because you probably deserved it for hitting him first? ? Why would anyone think they get a free pass to punch anyone?

• That was the point I was trying to make to the ladies who get upset when a guy hits back.

• Yeah I know right, it's a guys natural reaction.

• You hit him. You deserve you what you got.

• lol really dude why did you both fight in the first place

• He ate my chicken wing.

• I understand I threw someone through a window for stealing my pizza

• WHAT MADE YOU THINK IT WAS OK TO HIT SOMEONE TWICE YOUR SIZE?
    Did you seriously think to yourself "He won't hit me back, he's twice my size!"
    Did you expect him to restrain the force of his punch so that his punch would equal yours, at a bar, where people drink alcohol?

To answer the question of why he didn't restrain you... What do you think he would have done once he restrained you? Where would you and him go from there? He didn't restrain you because it would be pointless... Literally pointless. He would have restrained you, and then you would have been restrained, and then what?

Goddamn.

• Can you post this on every question posed by a female asking why he hit her back.

• Npr, pbs, newspaper, interweb, graffiti. It was ever where. They dubbed it the great chicken wing fiasco.

• link?

• Hitting people in general is wrong

• At least you have a story to tell.