Is the UK safe for travel?

I just overheard my parents talking and my dad is worried about where we are traveling to because of terrorism attacks. My sister are going to the UK towards the end of August and fly back after the first week of September honestly I think he is being ridiculous my biggest worry is that I dont get my stuff stolen in a hostel.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• With ISIS and Terrorism Now at its All time Worse ever, of course Everyone needs to be Careful and Vigilant, @Ginnyweasley97.
    I traveled alone to Europe and Egypt a few years back to meet up with a man that I ended up marrying from Egypt, and Never gave it a thought. I was on my guard and smart every step of the way, and even Today, if I decided to step foot back on That plane right now, I would Use Extra cautionary measures because of the pressures.
    No, Dear ol Dad is not 'Being Ridiculous' at all. When One even leaves their door step to go to the store to get a quart of milk, One never knows how it goes.
    Just advise sis to be smart herself and go through a travel agent now, who may be Best from the Rest to guide her when traveling overseas.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 9

• Pay attention to what's going on and avoid likely targets (i. e. big festivals in the streets), have contingency plans in your head if anything were to go wrong. Odds are you'll be fine, but knowing where alternate exits are when you're in buildings, paying attention to your surroundings and staying alert are smart moves no matter where you are these days. Don't let it freak you out or ruin your trip, just be smart and recognize that there is always that possibility. I think it's good practice to be aware of multiple exits no matter where you go, it only takes a few seconds when you enter a place to see where the kitchen is (usually a back door through the kitchen), and entry ways other than the door you enter through. If you ever need to get out in a hurry, you don't want to get caught in a mob of people (who didn't pay attention) or try to look for a quick way out when shit's going down.

• Being reasonably cautious is never a bad thing. I haven't spent much time out that way myself but a fair few family members have and never had any real problems.

• I suppose so. yes

• Nowhere is safe

• Yes it is,

• No there are deadly drive by arguments there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6_Chr2vro

• Where in the UK? As someone from the UK who has backpacked and travelled around the world, you're gonna be fine. We are like the states when it comes to terrorism alerts, everyone hates us, but we have James Bond and Harry Potter... nobody dare mess with that shit!

• some places are safer than others.

• yes it's safe here in the UK. just as safe as anywhere in the world now.
    you can say anywhere is in danger now from terrorism attacks.

What Girls Said 3

• The UK is super safe. I went to visit family in 2007 and it was a ton of fun. I felt safe the entire time I was there. I agree that the hostel is your biggest worry XD

• Meh, nowhere is really safe. However, right now the tension in the UK isn't all that high, I don't think. I think that most people feel pretty safe here at the moment. I wouldn't say to avoid the UK at least.

• It's quite safe.

• And I'm in London, which people would think is most unsafe. It's fine.