Do you ever feel the need to take a break from church?

I have been to church since I can remeber and I must say it is great. Lately I feel I need to step down from my leadership role and be away from church for some time. Part of the influences of this feeling is the challenges I have experienced in my role but they are not the main reason I want to be away. I feel now as if all that I have been doing in my life is some weekly routine and I also feel I have missed the true sense and meaning to what church is really about and I i should be there.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think not going to church anymore for awhile is the solution.
    But looking with a fresh view to church going and your Faith is surely a good thing.

Feel free to message me if you want better advice

• Hi V

Thing is going there makes me feel so miserable. I don't think church should make one feel that way... unless I don't understand what church is really about you know.

• Its like, all your life you've known that every Sunday you go to church... fine. I love church, grew up in church then this feeling came and its heavy on me type of thing... like i am not ready to go to church

• I also go almost all my life to church and for me it also always that i liked it but anyway I think it's important to do.

Maybe you can try to go to another church were people don't know you

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on a 12 year break with my church. And all churches for that matter.

• And the thing about it is that currently I am away from my church and have no desire going to any other church...

• If it's not feeling right to you, you don't have to go.

• Yeah... thanks girl ;-)

What Guys Said 6

• There is a lot of truth in the saying " A change is as good as a rest" so the break could do you good.

• I totally agree KDA

Thank you :-D

• Maybe while you take your break from your church you could learn about right division in the bible through the apostle Paul. 2 Tim 2.15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHjn5erpCo

• This is what sabbaticals are for. So officially go on a sabbatical. There's no shame in that. You will likely go back to your church later spiritually refreshed.

• Yea ABC... I totally agree. Thank you

• Well, messages come to us in ways we don't fully understand at first. So prey about it and follow your gut.

• Go out there and rot yourself coz This life is dead. Life is alive when we are with God!!

• Not really since I'm Jewish

What Girls Said 0