Help me please?

I recently got a cheap MP3 player. The computer I use doesn't recognize it's connected and I don't know how to download music to it. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried connecting it to an computer other than your own? See if the problem still persists.

If you put it in and nothing happens, go to your settings (I dunno which Windows you have), go to the place where there's "devices and printers" or something like that. You can access that through the 'control panel'.
    Once there, find something like 'connected devices' - essentially what you need is to find the button to 'add devices'. That way it could perhaps make a scan of your pc and see if there's anything it missed to connect.

What Guys Said 9

• Make sure usb ports are getting power. If you have a desktop - relics that have 10x the processor speed - use a port in the rear,,,,,... ooohh a double entendre... as they tend to have power. Check to see if your ports are active. Toss the mp3 player, don't get any Apple product cause your tied into their monopoly. See if you can find a good used iRiver, Creative, Trekstor. Do not use any proprietary music organizer. Media Monkey is probably best, pay $19 and you get pro for life, Either pro or free, can play Ogg or Flac - not shitty sounding compressed music like mp3, aac. File compression removes all the finer highs and lows and compare to Flac, sounds truly shitty.

• you might have to go to manufacturer website to get latest software for it or connect it to the computer and manually run update. also make sure device is turned on well hooked to computer. if these things dont work return it because there's something wrong with it

• i'll help you, but the process could prove to be tedious.

if you're using windows, go into device manager (google how).. and see if the mp3 player is recognized or listed as "unknown device" or.. not listed at all.

you can plug and unplug it in to watch the list change. if you need explicit instructions, feel free to ask.

• hmm no responses to the others... in any case, try turning the mp3 playing on and off while connected to your computer.

• we need the name of the MP3 player. also, what windows (or OS X) version are you using?

have you tried different USB ports or a different cable?

• Whjat mp3 player?

• Show me a picture of it.

• Which version is it?

• What's the mp3 player? Google for instructions. You may have to download the required software :D.

What Girls Said 0