Gagers, do/did you ever feel like you don't/didn't fit in at school 😕?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was very much my own person - I didn't really fit in or not fit in at school, I just did my own thing and people seemed happy enough to let me do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm, I don't know about not being able to fit in. I had my friends and felt happy with them. My self-esteem just wasn't that high and I never felt beautiful.

What Guys Said 19

• I definitely did. Through Junior High and High School, I became the school anti-bully.

When people would attack others, I would attack them. Not to hurt them mind you, but to force them to stop messing with people.
    It made my blood boil to see it happen.

This made me quite unpopular with the high and mighty types, and it made most of the other students nervous around me. But it wasn't something I could just watch happen. So whether they liked me or not, I knew what I needed to do.

I did get to know the campus police woman pretty well though, she liked what I did and often looked the other way once I explained my actions to her. XD

The people in school, whether you get close to them or not, none of it will matter once you get out of school. There are so many ways to meet new people that so long as a person makes an effort to, they will gain new friends.

• all the time. i never felt like i really fit in. i was more mature than most of my pears and the things they did always seems so immature. i always thought of the future and didn't understand the label groups every school has. so i just hug out and talked to people who were nice never looking at there label. i wasn't popular but it didn't matter to me.

• I was never the QB-of-the-football-team type, but at the same time I never felt excluded.

I kinda went into high school knowing that it wouldn't be the very beest time of my life, basically. But it certainly wasn't the worst.

• Yeah I didn't fit in at all. I played sports but didn't like the way the jocks rolled, I was smart but couldn't relate to the nerds.

• Hmm I don't think that I have issues fitting in but I do have problems making real friends.

• Without a doubt. I had good, but a small amount of friends; and I had little to no interest with what the teachers were teaching about.

• I did a little til I started finding more likeminded people around middle and highschool

• Always made good friends in the 3 schools I was in. So no biggie.

• Nope, I was pretty popular good grades, decent looking so school was enjoyable.

• almost always

• Yes very often

• Yeah, but i get a lot of recognition though. People think im weird, funny, and savage all at the same time.

• Only for K-12.

• Yea im that kid that gets bullied but not any more because I learned that when someones bullying the first thing you do. is punch them in the face

• Oh yeah, in middle school especially. Until I became more involved in sports.

• Anytime I set foot in a class I ask myself wtf am I doing here? So yeah.

• Yes, because in most cases, you only fit in if you exclude the other people who don't.

• I'm an eccentric, fitting in isn't a possibility.

• I was the odd ball out actually cause I didn't believe what they believed

What Girls Said 20

• In high school I felt I never really fit in because everyone had piercings and babies. I was sorta the "cool kid outcast" if that makes since. I was accepted by the popular group but I didn't have piercings or tattoos or stayed out all night. You don't have to fit in. Stand out 🙌 Nothings wrong with that. Don't be sad that you stick out like a sore thumb. If everyone followed the same trend it would be boring. Like a box of 100 crayons and all of them are green 😒😂. Hunny! It's OK to be the only purple crayon. 😊

• That's how I feel all the time.
    That's why I rarely show up 😂 It's just not a place for me, I don't belong there.

• YUP I WAS A QUEEN!

• No, I didn't.
    I cared so much at the time.. now so much time as passed, I could give a rats ass.

• Yes and I still do. I have a few friends who I fit with well, but I've always been a very mature person and in order for me to truly "fit in" I would/have to always de-mature myself and become an immature brat like the rest so I wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Even so, I am still always considered the mother of the group. I always "fit in" in the sense that I was/am a "popular" girl. I've never truly been without "friends." I always had people to hang out with and made friends easily, but I still never felt like I was totally in tune with them.

• No every school I went to I would always date like a football player or "popular guy". SO I was always well known.

• I don't fit in anywhere not just school 😂 but we wore uniform so I guess we were all the same

• Yeah but I don't care as much anymore. I've accepted that I'll have people who like me and others who won't, it's life

• I'm a senior and I still feel like that sometimes. I literally only have 2 friends in highschool. But I started to do modeling / acting and feel more confident. I still feel like I don't fit it but it dosent bother me anymore because I have things to do outside of highschool. It dosent bother me anymore knowing that I'm doing something a lot of girls in my school wish they had the opportunity to do.

• Yes I have I've been bullied almost all my life until one day I stabbed a kid with my pencil now most people are scared of me and I also tell guys if they don't knock their shit off I will cut their dick off so

• I defiantly do not fit in at school. I don't think I ever did & I definitely won't at this school now

• I feel like I don't sometimes but I don't go to School to fit in, I really only care about my school work and that may be why I don't fit in sometimes. It hurts sometimes to be lonely but at least I have a few good friends.

• I think most people feel like that at some point or another. I certainly feel that way occasionally, and I'm considered 'popular.' I guess we see ourselves differently than others see us… we are our own worst critics!

• haha all the time

• lol I never fit nowhere :p
    except art school

• Yeah, I was bullied a lot freshman year.

• Yes, I did fit in school, I was a popular kid.

• In high school I didn't have a strong sense of self so I guess I felt I didn't fit in because I was insecure and didn't know who I was... Nothing anyone did to me it was my beef. In college its different most of the students take it more seriously and you can have adult like relationships versus all of the cliques in highschool. Even if at times I feel uncomfortable on campus because I may not know anyone in a class I don't worry about it because I'm there to learn and friends take a while to make. Also, school isn't forever. Just try to have fun in school

• From 3rd grade til I graduated high school.

• Not really. I kind of went from one group to the next, since I changed schools a lot.