How do I get my dog from peeing on the furniture?

My dog pees on the table legs, chair legs, and the china. He does it when he's home alone so we come with with pee puddles all over the kicthen. I take him out at night and in the morning to reduce it but I still come with with puddles. He used to pee on the potty pads but now he just uses one of the pads to poop and leaves the other pad clean and pees on the furinuture legs. My mom gets upset at me and I don't know what to do. I even trying moping the place up with bleach and pine sole and he still does it. Any new options please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the puppy out side more often. As soon as you see him go to the bathroom give him a treat. Keep repeating this until he gets the idea that he gets treats when they go side. at night pick up the water around 6 or 7 pm then take dog out before you goto bed.
    Just remember positive reinforcement with treats works the best for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only allow him to have water when you are supervising his intake. Leave him in the bathroom or cage when you're not home. Rub his nose in the pee after you find new pee spots, he needs to learn it's not okay to pee inside.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell the dog over and over every time he does bad bad dog that then put him outside right away do this every time.. no matter what time of day it is.. or how cold it may be outside.. he or she will learn.. some lessons are learned the hard way

• He does it when we're in school or work, so I don't know how long ago he did it.

• Okay then.. do it soon as you get home.. but first gently rub his or her nose in it.. then say bad dog.. then put him or her outside.. I had a dog that did that as well.. by doing what I suggested to you.. he now goes outside always and lets me know when he has to do his.. work.. best of luck to you

• Maybe start kenneling him while you're gone? It's not wrong but it taught my dog to hold his bladder until I was back

• Buy a kennel. Depending if he is a pup by a small one. He probably won't pee where he lays. Dont shit where you eat kinda deal.

• Get him fixed. Neutered.

• Oh yeah that's true

• It worked for my dog. He went many times a day marking the house. I finally gave up after I cleaned it up and as I turned around he was marking my son's new book bag, that was the last straw.

What Girls Said 5

• Send him outside for timeout whenever he does it

• Spray him with a bottle and or put him outside when he does it. Put a potty pad outside and inside, every time he does his business there, reward him. Soon he'll get the message. That's how I housetrained my dog.

• beat that ass... i have a pug and as everyone knows they are hardest to train... I take him out about 10 minutes after he eats, plays or naps... you need to keep an eye on him... when they get irritable or annoying take them out.

• Leave your dog in the yard.

• I live in an apartment , the yard isn't fenced. He'd run off

• Throw it out the window.

• Get a pen to put him in when you go out, that way at least it's in one area, put puppy pads down in it, along with toys a bed and water. Before you leave take him out to go Toilet.