Do you say jam or jelly?

Now I'm not saying you're wrong if you say jam... (but you kinda are)
Like if you're making a pb&j, you know.. Peanut butter and *cough cough* JELLY.. Which would it be?

• Jelly
  • Not Jam
  • Definitely not Jam
  • ... Jam

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• They are two different things "Jelly refers to a type of clear fruit spread consisting of firmed fruit (or vegetable) juice made with pectin. Jam refers to a product made with whole fruit, cut into pieces or crushed. While jams contain fruit pulp, jellies have the juice form of fruit."

• Depends on which one you are talking about because they are different things. See @Jersey2 for the definitions.

• Jam, jelly, preserves and marmalade are actually four different things. Jelly is made mainly from fruit juices and sugar, whereas jam has more of a whole fruit content.

• I call it jam, mainly because I don't eat jelly. I want every little bit of the fruit. 💚

• Jam and Jelly are actually two different things.

• Both, Jelly is a spread without chunks of fruit, Jam is obviously a spread with large pieces of fruit. Generally Jam is also thicker than Jelly.

• Aren't they separate things?

• You know jam and jelly are two different things right?

• Jelly is not jam. I prefer jelly.

• i say jelly

• Jam and jelly are not the same thing lol

• Jelly and jam are two different products.. Not two words for the same thing. Subtle difference to them, but a clear one.

• You do know there's a difference, right?

What Girls Said 17

• Although this is clearly a "hey I'm American post and we invented the English language but let's band together anyway" post I will say I'm British and I stick to the original English meaning.

I say jam. Because jelly is a jiggly, gelatine and water product. And jam is the fruit preserve. Of which you are referring to.

• Well, @Jersey2 has already told you the deffinition of both types of food, but if you still can't understand, look at these pictures for dummies. 😄

Jam:
    certo.co.uk/.../strawberry-freezer-jam.jpg

Jelly: goodtoknow.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/.../...jelly.jpg

I would have took real life pictures, but I don't want to go to the store to buy something that I won't eat. >.>

• JAM JAM JAM JAM!! :D

• I've always said jelly. I've never really heard of a peanut butter and jam sandwich. I've always been taught that jam is the more smooth textured, easier to spread stuff like strawberry jam and that grape is the clumpier, harder to spread stuff like grape jelly.

• Jam is different to jelly :P

• I asked this question to my boyfriend and he asked if I know the difference between jam and jelly. When I said no, he said "I can't jelly my cock down your throat"

• Aren't they two different things

• I say peanut butter and jelly, but I seldom ever use actually jelly. I prefer jam. It spreads better.

• I was raised with jam

• They're different things though. Also, it's a traffic JAM not a traffic JELLY. That makes no sense.

• i hate always strongly hated peanut butter.
    so i never think about that combination.
    i say jam, preserves and jelly.

• Both

• I say meow meow :P

• i've been taught there is a difference between the two

• I say jelly.

• I call it jelly

• jam is for old people