How come not wanting economic migrants in the UK is racist?

I mean no one wants thousands of young men of an entirely different culture and can't speak the same language living near them...

so when asked the liberals why they don't take them into their homes and feed and clothe them they get defensive and call me racist..

no no other country in the world is like the UK.. we give away free homes while our at veterans are homeless, free money, free healthcare etc etc.. out of hardworking British taxpayers money..

Would that not make people angry and not racist?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no problems with migrants who are ready to integrate and contribute. Those who are looking for a better life but at the same time accepting European values, learning the language, customs and norms of their new country - those people can be an asset to the economy and I don't mind giving them a chance. BUT the current situations is out of control. Thousands upon thousands of young men from different cultures just moving in without us knowing who they really are and with no proof they're willing to integrate is bound to cause problems. First of all, most of them are men and gender imbalance can lead to no good. Second, people from countries like Afghanistan have very different upbringing, values, background, experiences, it would be very naive to think they can just accept European way of life. When people move they bring their mindset with them, and as much as it's not PC to say, Islamic mindset is harmful to modern Europe. I know people will say "not all Muslims are terrorist" and they are absolutely right. But research has shown that vast majority of non-European Muslims support Sharia law and want it to be the official law for everyone. That kind of a mindset is troubling for Europe and that is something that should be addressed and dealt with.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only thing i don't like is that they aren't allowed to work here. They have to have specific visas which can take a while. Let them work and contribute, which actually a lot want to do since its what they're used to. And really, what most of them are fleeing from is understandable. They're getting killed over there and have no homes to return to since they've been bombed out. It's fucked up. Seeing all those dead people and destroyed homes makes me sad and want to help.
    But hey, I'm from London, I'm used to living around people from all different cultures, so maybe it's different for me. Where I grew up, all the kids knew bits and pieces from each others languages and didn't think anything of having a very diverse mix of friends from different countries.

What Guys Said 5

• they're just throwing the term racist around blindly. if they knew of your true intentions and your real reasons behind your logic, they would still disagree with you, but they would use a different word for it. they're just trying to make you look bad and disarm your stance swiftly.

• If you're talking about the refugees from Syria, it is incredibly racist to call them "economic" refugees. Only an ignorant, narrow-minded idiot would call these people "economic" refugees. Maybe it's time to take a little there and see what it's like. It's easy to stomp down on other people if you don't even know how fucking good you have it.

• If you knew better is that a lot of refugees don't come from Syria but from areas like Kosovo. Those are purely economic. Only an ignorant narrow-minded person says something without knowing anything about the situation.

• @asker:
      1. North Korean refugees do NOT get turned away by European countries. That is a blatant, ignorant and very offensive lie. It has actually never happened so far but if a North Korean refugee would seek asylum in Europe, he/she would have to be accepted. This is regulated by the UN charta that all western European nations have signed. Please don't talk such a rubbish if you don't know what you're talking about.
      2. Do you even know where North Korea is? Probably not. No North Korean refugee has ever sought asylum in Europe because North Korea is on the other side of the freaking world. I have actually lived in South Korea and taken university classes about North Korea. Over 95% of North Korean refugees seek asylum in South Korea. The rest goes to either Russia in the north or to Thailand or Laos after crossing China.
      3. The refugees that we are talking about now (the ones in Europe) do NOT come from subsaharian countries. This is now the gazillionth time you're just spreading

• some stupid lies. We do have people from the subsaharian regions in Europe but they do NOT apply for asylum. The refugees that are coming to Europe at the moment all come from Syria and the Iraq (which are the regions where ISIS is active).
      4. All these refugees have CERTAINLY seen vaccines in their lives because they didn't use to be poor people. In fact, almost all of them were very well off and certainly better educated than you are. Many of these refugees are doctors, lawyers and businessmen. They're the elite of their countries. They're the only ones who can even pay the horrendous sums to be taken across the sea to Greece by the human traffickers. Most of the poor people in Syria either died or went to the Lebanon.
      5. Switzerland (and the city where I live) is geographically closer to Paris than London or most British cities for that sake. The reason I'm not worried is because I don't confuse terrorists with refugees.
      6. I might be a lefty but at least I'm informed and educated.

• Not racist at all. Canada is doing exactly the same thing right now. Let them be angry, somebody needs to keep the Liberals in check.

• No, it's not. It's just a blanket statement used by the left to try to force people to be quiet and let them do what they want. It's disgusting, isn't it?

• After exploiting the world for your own benefit for hundreds of years I think you have nothing to bitch about. Remember the slaughter of millions, the raping of resources, the subjugation of people's around the globe? Ya that was you guys.

• My own benefit... during those hundreds of years ago people didn't slog away at work contributing to healthcare schools etc... if it wasn't for Europeans they'd have been no America no Australia no India.. no Hong Kong and no Canada I think those countries have done pretty well considering those damn evil Brits...

• So where you from that you seem to look your nose down on other countries? People do not want thugs and rapists in their countries.. they don't want illegals in their countries.. they don't want criminals in their countries... if UK didn't invade these countries, which by the way are still very much part of the commonwealth nations- and can leave any time they choose, some went Republic but still are the commonwealth they don't want to leave and some still share the queen.. no one is forcing them, we don't take money from these countries, they run their own countries how they please, get back to if we didn't branch out into the world the Russians or the Germans would have, and you dear would be depending on your race would either be in a gulag or a nazi...

• When migrants threaten our queen, they aren't just threatening the UK they are threatening the commonwealth as well, how they get off with their protests of putting an Isis flag above Buckie palace is anyone's guess as hanging for treason was never abolished... let's hope these idiot migrants never travel to another commonwealth country that won't hesitate to deal it's own punishment on those that threaten the sovereign...

What Girls Said 1

• I feel you. I kind of have the same view towards it. Sure I want to help people but we can't just let everyone in. Helping people who come from war zone is enough to carry for our society right now.