Which would you pick?

2 bedroom house. 300 deposit 650 a month. Pay 300 now 650 on the 1st. 2 bedroom duplex. 600 a month no deposit. Pay 300 the 1st and the other 300 the 15th with full rent due the 1st, 2nd option 200 pro-rated rent with 600 due the 1st. Which place would you pick?

Most Helpful Guy

• the question is confusing. but i might be reading it wrong. the first house is self explanatory at 300 deposit and 650 a month. but the duplex payments seem like they are messed up and would be paying more than the 600 an month. if im looking at it right option one you would be paying double and 2nd option you would be paying an extra 200.
    so go with the house its cheeper

• Well now that I have thought about it, if he pro rates the rent we can just give him 200 now and then pay the 600 the first. We already have 300 so that's 100 spared that we can save for later. The other option he gave us was that we could just give him 300 on the first and the other 300 the 15th but then full rent due on the 1st of March. He gave us two options to pick from. The other house on the other hand, is 300 we would have to give now then give him 650 on the first. If we go with the duplex and choose option 1, we only have to pay 200 now and 600 by the 1st instead of 300 now and 650 on the 1st. So I actually think the Duplex would be more affordable.. plus that's 50 dollars less than what we would be paying at the house every month.

• if you read what you wrote "if he pro rates the rent we can just give him 200 now and then pay the 600 the first" thats 200 plus another 600 with equals 800
      you also wrote"choose option 1, we only have to pay 200 now and 600 by the 1st" to me and in this means also or plus so 200 plus 600.
      option 2 you wrote" just give him 300 on the first and the other 300 the 15th but then full rent due on the 1st of March" to me the word " then" means"also" so it would be 300 plus 300 plus 600 witch equal 1200
      i have been thinking about your question and sometimes people put puzzles on here that are like this. and change a few words. so that's why i'm being a grammer police. if its not a puzzle please forgive me. yes the duplex would be cheaper.
      the oher option you wrote

What Guys Said 3

• Its a small house. Anyway I buy my house in full out cash so I dont have to pay the banks every month and i flat out own it.

• Single house > duplex

• What kind of neighborhood s are they in?

• The duplex is in a better neighborhood than the house. The landlord there seems like he's more willing to work with us too

• The reason why I ask is because you're just not going to live there and what you're going to be living with neighbors. Another includes all the drama and problems if you're living around people who live like that. I understand that financial situations can put restraints on where we live. But if you can afford both locations then I would go with the one that you feel the safest for you and your family and the most comfortable place to live in.

What Girls Said 0