Are the United States more obsessed with "Big butts" and "Big boobs" and curves than Europe?

I noticed that here in France most girls don't really obsess over having huge curves/ ass/boobs whatever, they focus more on being svelte.

Are the United States more obsessed with

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would say it's quite different. I come from Switzerland and the first time I heard a lot of people totally obsess over big boobs and big butts was when I joined GaG.
    Girls here in Switzerland also seem to care much more about being svelte and looking elegant. And I can also say that about German girls because we have tons of Germans here in Switzerland, almost a third of all the students at my university are German. The style of how continental European girls dress is also quite different from the way American girls dress. I think even men here in Switzerland actually prefer the svelte girls. If you have really big boobs or a big butt here, you tend to be either considered overweight or some sort of hoochie mamma.

Most Helpful Girl

• As American I believe I can speak more clearly on the subject. American media and celebrities are different from real life. In America there are different influences from different cultures but I guarantee you that America still follows a European standard of beauty

From another foreign perspective who has never been in America, they will assume that based on what they see on tv that all Americans are heavier which will lead them to assume that Americans are obsessed with big butts and big boobs because to them more weight means bigger boobs and butts on women due to extra fat

What Guys Said 30

• Indeed. In the US "bigger is better", whether it concerns sodas, hamburgers, guns or girl's boobs and butts and guy's penises.

• French people are generally quite petite so I wouldn't use them to project onto other europeans.

That being said the US is a place of extremes. Left and right, pro or against, fat or anorexic. There seems to be no healthy middle ground in most cases and it is the same with beauty images. At first it was the model industry with those super stick figures in all magazines which were strived after and now its ridiculous big butts and boobs.

Not that I mind either of the two as long as it suits the person and is natural, but its ridiculous nonetheless. Especially when plastic surgeries come into play.

• I think it was created because of porn since everything needs to be "big" so that you can see whats going on. Thats why western men worry about the size of their dicks so much, they see 11" dicks on porn. Just like women dont cared about dick size that much, guys like big/ small just as long as it is proportionate to their body.
    This unproportionate girl is unattractive to me, can't imagine walkin down the street with a women like this.
    onlyupdate.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/gra112.jpg

• yeah I think there might be some truth to it...
    I love ass and boobs... but size isn't everything, especially. too big doesn't look good either, especially if it looks fake or not proportional to the body anymore. the shape and overall look is more important to me than the size, I definitely prefer the look you posted

• The USA and Europe are quite different with what's considered "sexy" for women:
    USA:
    -Short/Average women: 158cm-168cm
    -Women with a more "curvy" figure, aka wide hips, bigger butts, bigger boobs

Europe:
    -Taller women: 173cm-180cm
    -Women with slender figures, usually small boobs/butts.

• maybe. just maybe.

• Yes I think so. But what do I know. I've never crossed the pond. But based on the little that I am aware of, definitely US is more into tits n ass.

• Each country has a different obsession. Here in Brazil, for example, everyone says that Ass is the national prefence. I prefer boobs though, it doesn't mean that they have to be big, I'm just more attracted to boobs in general.

• Yeah, I don't get it. I have never really liked big butts or breasts.

• Everything from her naval to her head is great.. what a waste of long legs. Her hip to waist ratio has so much potential.. all she'd need to do is add mass to her legs.

God.. that's depressing. fuck.
    http://replygif.net/i/269.gif

• Just like girls in the US are obsessed with big muscles and justin beib...*hurls*
    i couldn't finish that sentence

• Of all the trends and style America has influence overseas, this didn't make it there? I'm surprised, I guess sex doesn't sex everywhere

• Euro girls <3

• If u have a butt like Nicki Minaj, EW

• i honestly think no. it´s just a media thing not an actual culture thing.

• Guys don't like big butts, they like tight firm ones.

• Yes, if you come over to Europe with your big ass and boobs we will laugh at you. In an unkindly way, of course.

• Women in north america tend to be more voluptuous but france is way more sexual by nature

• Why big ass is so famous this years? Everyone wanted to lose weight. Now they want to be a fat ass. Some girls ass is too big, they can't carry.

But will end after five years.

• everything is bigger in the US.

starting w/ the people.

• I think you are right

• I think its same same really. Depends what kind of people you soround yourself with.

• Either way you have it all...
    Shape and svelte you have absolutely nothing to be worried about.

• Blame KIM K

• NO brazil and colomiba only esspecially latin girls

• It's the U. S. and England
    The rest of the West not so much.

• I think the big butts thing started do to an increase in certain minorities that tend to be thicker than whites, as well as people getting fatter. This allows heavy women to think having a fat butt is somehow sexy.

• Sadly, I think so.

• nope. european here and still seek big assets. as european women crave big dicks. these things are universal.

• I live in Europe. I love tall, elegant girls with feminine figure (and by feminine I don't mean huge butts/boobs).

What Girls Said 15

• id say so yeah. oh man if i went to Europe id feel so ugly -.-

• Haha i think you'll be fine!

• @G-Daz haha i bloody well hope so, i plan to go at some point in my life!

• I thought the same thing... Or rather I thought I must look quite ugly to European guys then...

Wonder if this is true for UK though, cos I've noticed I get more attention from British men than the other Europeans...

• Yup, it's true, I don't really see super curvy european women in here, they're tall with perfect legs and average butts and boobs.

• Americans in general are more superficial. They have a huge culture of trying to become famous which I haven't noticed in literally any other country.

• I noticed that when I lived in France as well. Even parts of Italy (I lived in Milan). I guess here, some women are more obsessed, others not as much. I just have my body and I'm ok with that.

• Am sure that it's pretty much the same here in the UK.

• Lol, when I went to back home to Germany for the summer , I saw a girl with really big hips and bum and said how I envied her. People looked at me like I was crazy they asked me why America was so obsessed with over sized things. Which if you think about it we are.

• Svelte? Does svelte mean slim?
    Well, the US is all about being slim, but IN ADDITION having big breasts (which is absurd because slim bodies naturally tend to be accompanied by smaller breasts)

• America is more extreme in pretty much every aspect. Here in Denmark we don't really feel that obsession either. Of course the whole "curves" thing have had an impact on Europe too, but it's just to a less extreme degree.

• Dunno about that, but that girl is gorgeous.

• She looks like she has no shape. A lot of men here like women with some kind of shape. Of course, not all men are the same.

I'm sure each country has a different standard of beauty though.

• same in japan

• Sure is that way :P If you're not skinny you can easily be considered ugly here.

• I dont get all this big butt trend lol but yeah, u are probably right

• I will it is equal here.

• It's a fad. Celebrities used to be obsessed with staying skinny. Now they've switched to skinny shaming and getting fake implants in some sick competition to have the biggest hips alive.