Can a girl really beat up a guy?

Would she still be able too even when the guy summons all his man strength to overpower her, no matter how skilled she is in combat. Wouldn't all of his rage intimidate her? Slowly chip away her morale? Until she is defeated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I certainly can *punch*

• I would not doubt it, you look intimidating, to the point where you would not even have to lift a finger, because the man will succumb to you, willingly. In other words, you are a beautiful individual.

• hahaha thank you dear Anonymous:) I like you :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. A lot of it depends on technique and stamina. Not strength

• Where then would strength count? If everyone agrees that the key to victory lies not in strength?

• I definitely agree to that. Stamina and overall conditioning is a big one. Once you are winded, you begin to panic, your hands slowly start to drop, leaving your face exposed, you don't bring your legs up fast enough to check, everything just becomes slower, and you can't really counter that because you are winded, out of energy. Those who win purely by strength, they would have to win very quickly, a strong early knockout or submission. I suppose strength does count when used strategically, such as punching or kicking through one's guard who isn't fully well guarded.

• Yes, definitely. My experience is more 'ground game' from jiu jitsu and wrestling, so I can't say much for kickboxing in the example you just used but jt sounds very similar to my stuff!

What Girls Said 10

• The average woman against the average man I'd say no. I've always wondered why in action movies they have this brute of a man against a dainty woman with barely any muscle and she is able to over power him strength wise. Maybe in technique as in dodging a lot of his blows and combat moves with a lot of technicality but certainly not in strength unless she herself had a man body to match his.

• As they say, it's just a movie, but I do see your point. What begs me to question is a skilled woman against a huge brute of a man, hypothetically, she dodges his advances, uses his own energy against him, and puts him on the ground, but this is where she lacks the strength to keep him down. Her next options, possibly pressure points, but even then there have been cases where men have amounted enough strength to release themselves from a pressure lock and continue fighting. It is rather difficult to say.

• Well yes I am aware it's just a movie lol but things like that sort of make me like the movie less, which is why I used that for my example. It would make sense to me if she has a lot of objects she can use to her advantage. She might not be able to hurt him with her bare hands but bashing him in the head can work nicely. That is how she can keep him down, or kicking him in the head and neck area.

• Now this is a real example, I very much agree. A swift kick to the temple can render a man unconscious.

• I do Aikido and I have a good friend who does Jujitsu so I have seen plenty of women vs men fights. It is technique and not strength that gives you the advantage. No matter how strong a man is, if her technique is better then he is going down.

I was paint balling with some of my club friends a few years ago and a very rowdy group of men turned up and they decided for reasons that I never knew to pick a fight with a few of us. It did not end well for them.

• I am familiar with the dynamics of Aikido and Jujitsu. That being said, using one's energy against them, how would a person trained in such an art, defend against a brute who fortifies their forward moving energy to the center of their body and lifts up the other person and throw them to the ground.

Sorry about the paintball incident, that was not cool of them.

• It is definitely possible. Just because someone is the opposite sex of you doesn't mean they can't do the same or more things you can.

• I agree, definitely possible, however, probable?

• thank you :)

• I'd pay to watch Bea wreck someone! Baha! Fight! Fight! Fight!

• Mabye I suppose men are naturally stronger or so we are told I'm strong for a women however I want to power down some as it is taking a toll on my femininity

• Um.

There are several factors that make one a good fighter.

One is size, but, attitude is also a biggie. Someone who thinks they can win often does, regardless of size and sex.

Haha.

:\

• If i manage to get to his throat before he gets to me

• I have faith in you.

• What if he gets to your throat
      If ya know what I mean
      Lmao jk
      😘😘✌

• @ConsultantIsBack Well aren't you a witty one ;)

• Lmfao ur stupid. Obvi a girl could be up a guy.

• Please no hate. I apologize if this post has initially offended you before getting involved with the thread, but please no hate. It does you no good.

• Nope, if the girl is a martial artist, she would beat him up.

• That makes it a guarantee? Or just significantly increases her chances?

• If she is a martial art master, then yes, it significantly increases her chances.

• It depends on the woman and the man. There are some weak (physically weak) men, and some women that have combat training. I think she has a good shot, yes. Other factors might need to be taken in to consideration as well. Will her speed and agility best his slow strength? I think it's probable.

If you are pitting a librarian woman against an MMA fighter guy, no she will not beat him physically.

• I agree, I think she would have a very good shot as well. I just wish that there were many more women capable of handling themselves, but to the ones that do, good for them.

• Yes, I hear you on that. I have some training, but I know my limitations. There are guys out there that can easily best me and a few that can't.

• Some girls are not easily intimidated, and to answer your question yes she can. As a girl that got into a ridiculous amount of fights with guys who threw the first punch, yes she can. All of us are really not these fragile little things.

• You did not get knocked out on first contact? Color me impressed.

• Not when I can just handle it myself. I was young and stupid. I finally left after realizing that one of us was going to eventually kill the other one.

• I'm glad to hear the outcome.

What Guys Said 27

• Well, it all depends on the situation.

1. If it's a one to one fight and neither of them know martial arts or any fighting form then no, the girl won't be able to beat a guy up because naturally men are more stronger than women, physically.

2. If it's a one to one fight and the woman is an expert in combat fighting and the guy just knows street fighting then yes, the woman will be able to beat him up though she may take a few hits.

3. If the woman is very built, knows combat fighting and the guy is nothing, like no built and has no skills then surely the woman can beat him anytime.

4. Yes of course if the guy is stronger, powerful and is built like Bruce lee then the woman practically has no chance of beating him up, or she may be able to but will suffer lot of damage while doing so, hence it will be highly unlikely in this case.

Yes, a guy strength will intimidate a woman that's true.

Hence I would say "YES" it's possible although it depends on the situation.

• So according to 3, it would appear that size does contribute to making a drastic difference.

• I would agree with you, size and also the skils.

• Sheer physical strength doesn't necessarily win fights. Something like the MMA isn't necessarily representative of reality, since you're dealing with two trained fighters and rules and understanding of how to avoid and get out of bad positions.

It's really hard to say and unpredictable. You can't just measure two people's physical prowess and say who's going to win outside a sporting event where they could be panicked, reach for weapons, surprise each other, bite each other, go for vital areas like eyes, throat, groin, etc.

To me the only answer is that it's not widely tested, but there's plenty of evidence to show that a significantly weaker person (female or not) can win outside a sporting event where there's no holds barred by sheer luck or surprise or a weapon or just a greater determination to fight back or anything of that sort.

• I agree it is possible for a significantly weaker person to win in any circumstance, it just doesn't seem probable, and that mindset alone, knowing the probability, is what most likely defeats a person to begin with.

• On the flip side, a woman has the advantage of a man potentially underestimating her strength, or being reluctant to hit her in some way (even a most violent man who foregoes this notion might hold something back, while she might not). I don't know -- it's hard to estimate probability on some imaginary scenario. We don't live in a war-torn country where people have to fight for their lives all the time using whatever means possible.

• Hmm, very well executed.

• There's lots of really weak men and strong women. It depends on the variables. We have the false dichotomy of overpowering brute strength, that is a bit lumbering and stupid, versus more refined but less powerful female strength. Personally, I wouldn't underestimate anybody. There's girls in my martial arts class, and when they really want to be, they're fast as fuck. I remember being punched in the throat one time before I even knew what was going on. Generally though, or at least psychologically, it's hard to counter that brute strength.

• I will agree that it is generally difficult to counter pure brute strength, let alone keeping your mind fortified while you have to deal with is physically.

• Yes, indeed, and a line from Rocky (which may sound a bit stupid, but I think has an element of truth). In a harsh American accent: "He ain't got no fight." Fighting is a metaphor for life. If you feel good one day, you can take on the world; other days, you have to accept your passivity. There are times when you can't muster anything, and when you should learn in that case to take a back-seat.

The other thing is a lot of people are deluded if they think their martial arts training was well rounded and proficient enough to adequately protect them in that situation.

• A great line from the film.

People who train in martial arts do have more experiencing, but in my opinion, when things get real, that experience is vastly diminished unless they have been prepped beforehand with real life situations. This leads me to say that sparring can only take a person so far, eventually, they will have to have a real life scrap to break themselves in, mentally and physically, but more mentally.

• Think about this, when we talk about strength by gender we talk about averages, the average woman is weaker then the average guy. That doesn't mean that every woman is weaker then every guy. The world record for a woman in clean and jerk is 427 pounds, think about that, most guys can't lift that much. Further, skill in combat is only half of the equation: A skilled fighter can certainly re-direct their opponents force, can use precise use of force (as opposed to just beating on someone) and it doesn't take a lot of strength to injure someone if the person is hit properly. Now the other half of the equation is when weapons are involved, even if she picks up a stick, then the situation becomes much more equal.

• All very good points made. I guess it's just sad to see how it is only a few rare cases when women will thrive over men in this category.

• Their's another point that most guys will not hit a woman. Hence the reason that 70% of all domestic violence victims who do not fight back are men. That's a lot of guys being beat by women.

• Irrelevant to the topic at hand, but a valid point for a world wide statistic. Agreed.

• I think a strong women can especially if she is able to attack first and has a planned attacked and is somewhat trained.

• So only if she is strong, and has an attack plan, and is trained, she is then able to accomplish this feat?

• Ronda rousey could kick my ass
    @archiz could probably too if she wanted, I mean who knows.
    I'm actually really fragile guys, shh don't tell anyone

• You don't look fragile, you look like you can take a lot of hits before going down, which means you most likely have endurance to outlast your opponent.

• *blushes*
      Well, yeah you're right I think
      *blushes again

• I wish I could :P
      but you'd prob pin me down in a sec :P

• Lets say the car won't start and its 20 below zero, you live in the country and you have toddler's together... she is going crazy throwing shit and hitting and scratching... then yes, because you can only hold her down on the bed, until police or someone arrives to help and or pick you up. Because you can't hit her back, not that I would want to in this situation, but technically you can't even hold her down unless you are a cop - which is bullshit if she is actually 100% having a psychotic episode or is sociopathic.

• So men can't even touch women without the potential cause of a lawsuit?

• Unless there are witnesses to her being the aggressor and/or acting violently erratic, or if your or your kid's lives are in immediate danger, then no

• Of course there are extremely frail and small guys, ill and/or handicapped men, old men, and boys. And average men with body builders and/or MMA fighters could be as well, but statistically... yeah, although if he has no where to run he can't hit back without witnesses and/or until his life is threatened (if he isn't with an MMA fighter/body builder and of average or less stature.

• of course a girl could beat up a guy

• This is true, but not probable. Would you agree?

• i don't agree. it obviously depends on the girl and guy

• Valid point.

• yes she could even haveing a disadvantage in strength but it could be a bonus for her because the guy will underestimate her. and if she make the first strike it could be very detrimental to the guy.
    lesson is don't understatement your foe no matter who they are.

• A wise lesson indeed.

• YES! My girlfriend got mad because i did a very bad thing... anyways, she punched me in the jaw, and as my head turned from impact i saw my cat staring at me with wide eyes, and i stared back, everythng was slow motion. The clouds got darker, my jaw twisting, my cat just watching. I then looked at my girlfriend and said "My charmeleon evolved into a charizard today." And she completely lost her shit and packed her bags and left the house.. i never saw her again... but now my cat looks at me and i look back, and we know... we know.. things were never the same.

• You did not intend to bring the law into this? She physically assaulted you.

• Yes a girl can, just because a guy might be stronger/bigger than a girl doesn't always means he has more fighting skill than a girl. Size and strength is nothing without skill.
    d3819ii77zvwic.cloudfront.net/.../abuse.gif

• That gif is a misrepresentation because it was meant for a social experiment of woman mistreating men in public.

How much skill does it take to conquer incredible size and strength.

• Ronda Rousey can be up a weak guy that has not training and no fighting skills

• Well technically speaking a girl can beat a guy, but if we look at the likelihood of this happening it is unlikely.

Take a 6'0 200lb guy, he is already 50% stronger than a girl of the same height and weight.

• If their muscles are equally developed etc, the muscle density of a man is 50% greater.

• Interesting, I did not know that fact about muscle density strength differences between gender. This alone proves that the male gender is technically the stronger of the two genders.

• I don't care how trained a woman is, a man would kill her. Police officers are trained combatants, too, and even then there's footage of men knocking out women cops.

• Those who are well trained can yes.

• Why must they be well trained though. Does this lead us to believe that men are superior by default?

• You just keep thinking that. Yes the guys have the strength for the most part, but girls have the element of surprise via seductivity and being under estimated for the most part. If a girl really want to murder a guy, she can and a girl can easily beat up a guy by kicking them in the balls as a defensive mechanism.

• A groin kick is quite effective, no argument there.

• OK. I consider myself a pretty good fighter - blue belt in Tae Kwon-Do - and I'm fairly sure Rhonda Rousey could kick my ass.

• yes of course but its very limited you don't hear about it too often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQ6Jhti4jA

• I'm pretty sure 98% of women couldn't take me out but then again you got that 2% that are trained like I'm sure Ronda Rousey would fuck me up lmao.

• I guess it is safe to say men are superior to women, in this case. Without training they are fickle and helpless.

• Lol nice video

• @Cookies_AndMilk Best part.. "GIMMA YA SCOOTER BRAH!" Fcking lold hard.

• They sure as hell can try, Noone got shit on deez guns OP not even obama

• You look like you can take a good amount of hits as well as return the hits.

• Lol what you talking about

• Your previous comment. Being sure in yourself that you could take on 99% of the world, this is prime.

• If you summon enough chi no one can beat you OP so go try that out with a real life gorilla

• Gorillas are not worth confronting, they are lesser than a human being, however, you seem to be a combatant.

• Definitely not that's why they don't belong in combat just sitting behind the real soldiers making sure they have clean laundry

• Some humor is necessary.

• Would be sexist to think she couldn't.
    Try going up against Ronda Rousey.

• Agreed, it would be sexist.

Is that the only excuse people are able to throw at a person though? Instead of people just pointing fingers at Ronda Rousey, I wish more women would train for the better. Anything could happen.

• the bigger person will win.

training can compensate for a weight disadvantage, but only so much.

• @Missnowhere may not beat you up but she will destroy your soul (But it's fun to watch)

• Dude this sounds like your a novel or something :D lmfaoo

• Yes if girl twists boys arm she can easily overpower him

• A girl only can beat up a guy if she is trained/experienced/big etc. and the guy lacks testosterone.

• Only? So a guy can have no experience whatsoever and still beat up women, whereas if a girl has no experience she can never beat up a guy?

• So society is emasculating men?

• yes, that's why we like Putin for keeping our country masculine.