Anyone know any alternatives to clipping cat claws?

Hee bites and pulls them off if I don't trim them once a month (every other week is impossible because his claws are too short and I'll get the quick). His claws split with the traditional clippers. Clippers have only been used 3 times.

Most Helpful Guy

• i forgot what its called but by one of those nail filers for pets. it rounds off their claws to the desired length.

What Guys Said 6

• I thought that's what scratching posts were for. I think you may be trimming too much when you clip.

Anyway, thank you for not declawing your cat.

• I clip at the curve. He has one real scratching post, but didn't use it. He uses his hut (pure wood) and the leg of our table.

• I cut straight across at whatever angle hee allows

• Try holding the clippers in line with the claw instead of at a right angle.

• There's these things called SoftPaws that you can use. They're basially like little caps that adhere to your cat's claws. In addition to being humane, they're pretty damn cute!

i20.photobucket.com/.../jacksonapril28200718.jpg

• She got mad at me for suggesting these lol...

You're so inhumane dodgers 😉

• @BelleGirl21 THE HUMANITY!!! ;)

Seriously though, she wrong. I volunteered with rescue animals and we used these on the awnry ones. They totally retract and are painless.

http://www.softpaws.com/questions-answers-cat/

"Absolutely. Soft Paws® are designed so that they won't interfere with the normal extension and retraction of cats' claws."

• You could chop their legs off, have you thought about doing that?

• Go to the vets and get them pulled out so they won't grow back, that way he can't scratch you, or kill wildlife. Everyone's a winner, except your wallet.

• Declawing is inhumane and is painful! Cut off all your fingers at the first knuckle and tell me to declaw him!

• Those websites are bullshit, they'd have you push a broom in front of you to stop you crushing snails when it rained if they could. Cats are inhumane themselves anyway when they're hunting birds, I'd much rather see a woodpecker in my garden than a cat.

• You can declaw them and they will never grow again a vet will do it.

• get him de-clawed

What Girls Said 1

• They have things called "soft paws" which are basically like fake nails for your cat. It's safe for them because they fall off after a bit so if they get lost or something they still have the use of their claws.

• No. Just as bad as declawing and

• There are other options and I found it.

• Cool beans