Always torn between "if it's meant to be, it will be" or "if you want it, go get it" ?

Which one do you follow? What If you go to get it and it doesn't happen how you want it to? then it's not meant to be. If it's meant to be it will happen anyway? But surely you'd have to do something it won't just come to you.(crush wise)

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to go get it if you want to maximize your odds. Sitting back and hoping some magical coincidence will just happen out of the blue is fairy tale lottery kind of stuff. You can rely on totally remote luck or you can significantly improve your odds by putting yourself out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• well... I think people started saying 'if it's mean to be, it will be' to sort of sugarcoat things when situations didn't go there way. To rid themselves or their actions of having played a part in that, instead saying it happened because of fate.

Nothing will ever happen if you rely on fate, ie. expecting things to happen as you wish them to while you do nothing towards that end-goal. The only way to get things done is to put in some work and actual effort.

What Guys Said 5

• If you sit around waiting for things to happen they aren't going to happen. No such thing as an effect without a cause.

• That's exactly what I think😌

• It's like Sarah Connor says "The future's not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

• "if you want it, go get it"

• It's a combination of both actually. Of course if you just sit on your ass waiting for things to happen, you'll get nowhere, but sometimes you have to know when to stop and not try to make a relationship work no matter what.

• Yeh I had my crush telling me we'd never be together and my friends saying go get her follow your dream you have to work for girls so IDKWTF to do.

• Go get it, if you wait on your laurels you just waste your time that you could be doing.

What Girls Said 0