How do I delete everything on my phone?

so i have a fear of loosing my phone because if i loose it and someone steals it, the person gets to access all my private info and see all my pics and videos i have on my phone. does anyone know if there's anyway to completely delete everything on their phone? i'm going to put all my pics and videos on my laptop though, so i can still have the pics / videos i want. i just want to start completely new with my phone

Most Helpful Guy

• In the setting there is a "factory reset" just click on that and it takes it back to the point it was when it came out of the box.

What Guys Said 3

• I know for iPhone with Find My iPhone turned on, you can wipe out the device through iCloud. And also if it's an iPhone and you're not very technical, just put a lock code. If the wrong lock code was entered multiple times, access to the data on the phone will be banned permanently.

• Take one of those magnets they use to pick up a car with,
    attach your phone to it and turn it on and off.
    and when you pick it back up again, your phone will be a paperweight

• mm you must have dome interestiong things on your phone...
    Interesting..

What Girls Said 2

• There's a reset button somewhere on your phone, it might be in the settings.

• If you have an iPhone you can go through Find My iPhone and but it on lost mode, which only displays contact information and how to get the phone back to you. From there I believe you can also wipe your phone, but that's more of a last resort thing. I'm not sure about other devices, though.