My cat is having nightmares?

He's 11 and he got really sick with a cold, which resulted in a doctor visit. They put him to sleep to get a better look at him. Now he has nightmares? He's never had a nightmare till he got out of the vet. Do you think they hurt him? Gave him trauma from scaring him so bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just going to the vet can stress a cat out so he could be having trouble with the stress. I don't think they hurt him in any way that wasn't strictly necessary. Just try to make his bed extra warm and comfy and think about getting a feliway diffuser if you're super worried about him.

My cats have little kitty dreams all the time and they go back to sleep pretty easily so I have every faith he'll get past it.

What Guys Said 2

• Your cat probably dreamed it would be mouse. Maybe it can't live with the guilt

• No its drug related what they use to put cats to sleep is basically extacy

What Girls Said 1

• It could just be the 'Put him to sleep' medicine they Needed to use to 'Get a better look at him,' @ashely1996, and this is simply having Repercussions after the feline fact.
    He is an older cat, remember, that, and this could have had a small affect on him. I personally don't think they did anything to 'Hurt him,' so just keep an eye on him for now and see how he is this week. If he still is not right, which I believe he will snap out of this, then give your vet a call.
    Cats are Resilient and I don't believe Neither 'Trauma' or even Drama, just the meds that they used to put him to 'Sleep' and now for a little While... To Keep until everything wears off, you could say.
    My sister always comments that when she takes her doggie in to the Groomers, Chester comes home all foggy headed for a day and then to Lay... Probably a no picker upper so they can get a "Better hold of him."
    Good luck. xx