Would you name your child Adolf?

I think I would use it if Adolf Hitler never existed. It's anice name, sounds good, but he ruined it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would I don't give a fuck about the connection to adolf hitler it's just a shit name that's like saying would you name your child kim because it is the same name as the the North Korean dictators or George because it's the same name as George Washington

• What does George Washington have to do with two dictators?

• They're literally nothing like those people. Not even a little.

• that's isn't true they share many similarities such as not being nice people and leadership qualities , however their methods of government and ideologies are different , all are will to kill other to get their way. Your problem is that you that for the most part what the founding fathers did is good while you don't agree with groups like isis , Nazis or North Korea

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, One Bad Apple from Germany Spoiled the Whole Bunch in a Hell Hand Basket here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 12

• No I wouldn't! Not due to Hitler, but I just don't like that name.

• No... We are still too close to WW II for that name to be acceptable. Adolphus as a middle name is marginally acceptable.

• I wouldn't, not only because Adolf Hitler. But it's an ugly name in my opinion.

• No. Tbh i think it sounds ugleh

• maybe if i was German

• I wouldn't want him to hate me when he grows up.

• It carries with it a negative connotation, I really like Arab names.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Anyone who names their child Adolf is a sadist.

• Why not, it's a nice Scandinavian name

• Aldof would be fine, but Adolf? no.

• Nope. He killed my people.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't. Even if we ignore the connection to Hitler, it's a very unusual name for an English kid.

• Hell would need to freeze over before I'd do such a thing.. Period.

• Nope. I think it's a nice name, but it's definitely not a name that I would choice.

• Some Germans probably have already did that, I think most people here are not from there so it would be different.

• No. I dont really like that name.

• How about Rudolf instead?

• No, but it has nothing to do with Hitler, it's just because it's an ugly name.
    by the way, you should watch What's in a Name (Le Prénom), you're probably gonna like it.