Are you a 'Bastard' if you get bemused over the amount of people claiming they are Depressed these days?

I am the first to admit Depression is a massive Societal issue that is a tragedy for many. But, it seems everyone and anyone is 'Depressed' these days

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah your not a bastard as depression it is a serious issue and not a lot of people know what it means to be truly depressed what a lot of people claim to be depression isn't real depression but things similar to it like peer pressure or personal problems they can lead you to feeling depressed but a lot of people never know how bad it can truly get. When you really have it badly it will eat you alive slowly.

I used to suffer from it myself really badly when my father was deployed and my family was going through a really hard time, I had no one to turn to it drove me to attempted suicide, but from the day forth I promised myself never to let that happen again, it should not be ignored I know all to well how dangerous it can be you gotta get out in front of it.

What Girls Said 2

• No, I don't think there is anything wrong with that reaction. I don't think a lot of people knows what it means to be truly depressed. I suffered from severe true depression for nearly a decade. I actually denied my depression the entire time until I hit rock bottom and ended up in the hospital for seven weeks because I had stopped caring to the point that I let so many other health problems get so bad that I was at death's doorstep. It wasn't until I was starting to recover that I realized how depressed I was and that I should have gotten help, but was too stubborn to do so.

• Some are genetic thanks to their great ancestors fucking up their dna code and some are caused by drugs or economic circumstances

What Guys Said 2

• Well... not really, it's just your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

I have personally suffered from acute depression, hyper-anxiety and mild bipolar, so I know what it feels like. I was also on medication for around 13 years. People usually feel that we exaggerate stuff, and I don';t blame them. But most of us don't, we're genuinely suffering and do need support. :)

• Bhai ji, I never think any one is imagining Depression, I admit it is a massive issue. I just am taken aback by the amount diagnosed. By say this, i am querying where it is akin to an epidemic, or some are misdiagnosed

• my pleasure bhai

• Haha! Thank you, dear sir! :)

• everyone is fking dumb and spoiled these days they claim they have depression to feel better about screwing up and feel special but thats dubm since there is no way most of the population is depressed