My boyfriend wants to shower with me (I think?) Your thoughts? How do I respond?

He may be joking, but I shared a quiz type post on facebook, it was called "What would the night before your wedding look like" and it selected 4 random friends and assigned them tasks. He was one of them.
The post went like this:

Me: Breaks everything
Him: Breaks the bathtub with me
Our friend: Gives a fiery speech
High School Friend: Dances entwined with our other friend.

he comments "I'd rather be in a shower with her, than the bathtub."
At that time I assumed he misinterpreted it. So I wrote back "Its not saying we're in a bathtub together lol, it says you helped me break it" He responded "Oh. Well, I'd still rather be in a shower with you."

The first time, I can understand a misreading lol, second time though? and after I explained it?
I don't know how to respond to this, but I certainly don't want to shower together. This girl showers by herself lol. I'm very self-concious with my body and I'm not ready to move into anything that... intimate lol.
We've been a couple for 2 weeks, but known each other for 2 years and have liked each other for a long time (just I was always too shy to pursue lol).

And I just noticed someone else asked this same thing lol.
I'm self-concious about my body.

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age? Sure, go for it. Showering together is a wonderful experience. I miss it. (My shower is too small for my wife and me now.)

• I'm very self-concious about my body lol.

• Well, that's understandable if it is this early in a relationship. However, seeing each other naked doesn't necessarily mean having sex. I used to sleep naked with my girlfriend and she wanted to be a virgin until marriage. I was cool with that coz I loved her and wanted to marry her. Still, she slept naked with me for a bit and we did make out so we've seen each other naked quite a bit.

So, give it time - maybe a dozen or so dates. When you feel comfortable showering with him, then go for it. You'll know when but don't let him push you into it.

• Thanks! I appreciate the input, He also wants me to go to Vegas with him as well lol.

What Guys Said 7

• Been showering with my wife since she was 18.

• You ditch the PDA and attention whoring of social media and skills him face to face. "Do you want to shower with me or were you just joking?"

• I don't want to shower with him though, so if he says yes I don't know how to respond to it without hurting him. I'm self-concious about my body and looks.

• Oh, well then just say "I'm not ready for that yet". And leave it at that for now, don't give him a time frame or else he'll potentially have room to nag you into doing it. Stick to your guns, and tell him "I'm not ready for that yet". How he reacts or responds is going to show you where his priorities really are.

• Just ask him to join you💁🏻

• like I said, I'm self-concious about my body, and we're fairly new couple. Not ready for that kind of intimacy.

• shower in the dark?

• Yes, of course, go for it.

• go for it, it's really good thing

• I remember my first girlfriend i was relly intimate with.

Showering at first was exciting but i was nervous.

It's really an amazing way to get comfortable with each other and with being naked together.

Of course he wants to shower together.

If you do it, get in, get wet, carefully wash each other. ... then you can play.

What Girls Said 3

• It seems like he wasn't suggesting it, it seemed like a throw away statement. He probably would like to shower with you in theory but it doesn't seem like he is outright asking. I mean, it's like saying: "I'd makeout with Brad Pitt" - you want to, but let's be serious, it isn't going to happen.

• Maybe a little early into the relationship, but in general, it can be really nice. Just not a very efficient way to get clean ;)

• Well if you feel like it too go take a shower with him isn't that couple do sometimes?