"Homosexuality is nature's way of controlling the rapidly increasing population"?

What do you think of this statement? Basically it means that homosexual people are on this earth to not produce any offspring to control the rapid population or not. Give your opinions :)

Again, I am not saying this is MY opinion, it is something I read on the internet. So chill

Most Helpful Guy

• No homosexuality is evident in many species and is just a genetic flaw in DNA. It has nothing to do with overpopulation.

• Calling it a "flaw" is a bit controversial don't you think? :/

• @RandomPerson1324 I know how in vitro fertilisation works. And genetics isn't as simple as 50% from the mother and 50% from the father. So if their is a history of alzeimers or schizophrenia, there is no guarantee that a child will develop the same condition. Also to simplify, there are genes that may be more dominant than other genes. For example, the gene for brown eyes is more dominant than the gene for blue eyes. That is why couples with one being blue and the other being brown often have children with brown eyes. Since brown eyes are more dominant is more likely to be put into the genetic code. So it can be said that the gene for homosexuality is less dominant than the heterosexual gene for obvious reasons.

• You still haven't explained the fact that two people of the same gender cannot mix their gametes...

Most Helpful Girl

• That's definitely not true.

I think people make quotes because they feel the need to make sense out of literally everything in society.
    If that's the case, then the same thing can be said about those who are sterile or heterosexual but have no desires of ever reproducing.

What Guys Said 27

• The statement is wrong but it's on the right track.

You see, that statement implies that nature has some kind of collective consciousness which is something which cannot be proven.
    However, the increase in population is indirectly linked to the increase in instances of homosexuality amongst the human population in recent times.
    Homisexuality is known to occur in nature when a breeding population is exposed to certain pollutants in the environment. This is most well documented amongst birds amd amphibians.

The world is now more polluted in more ways than it has ever been and the human breeding population lives in that polluted environment like all other animals. So humans are showing increases in homosexuality too.
    The data is further backed up by known periods of rampant homosexuality such as Greek and Roman times being linked to primitive means of plumbing and drainage polluting the water supply of those populations.

• I do agree with that statement. I do think, however, there are more homosexuals only because there are also more people on this planet and at a time where being gay is more accepted and almost trendy.

• Considering that homosexuality is and has been quite common during the most decadent times of a society (remember ancient greek, the japanese, etc. in its historic context), then I would definitely see some merit to that.

• i love this girl... dropping the real controversial shiet. Homosexuality is a social mutation.

• It is just some homophobes way of coping. There are probably more straight people out there that have kids that shouldn't.

The kids would likely grow up better in a gay relationship setting!

• Naw its mans and womens way of saying fuck you to god "im not putting up with the opposite sex anymore!"

• No that would actually be disease, Nature is harsh.. If homosexuality is a way of nature to control pop. then it's doing a bad job at it.

• media.giphy.com/media/a5viI92PAF89q/giphy.gif
    Hmmm...
    I wouldn't agree with that statement.

• I don't think homosexuality is related in anyways to population control. Japan's population rate declines every year and I'm not hearing it being blamed on homosexuality.

• Interesting concept, dont think its all that accurate. I think homosexuality has always been around in the same proportions, its just more socially acceptable now.

• Study last year concluded that male line homosexuality has avoided being breed out is due to the fact the females of there lines have significantly higher fertility rates

• Homosexuality is natural
    But you can't say its natures way of controlling population lol
    Yes , it helps to do so but it's not NATURAL !!

• Everyone has there opinion🙂

• Disagree wjth that statement. I understand where it comes from but thats not the case in real life

• That might be an oversimplification. Nature always finds ways to reduce the population, even if it's just people starve to death. But I don't see homosexuality as part of some grand plan, I think it's more a case of "shit happens".

• I'll be short, sweet and I don't give a fuck about political correctness.

Homosexuality is a social evil, no matter what you attribute to it.

• No otherwise there'd be a lot more gay people.

• But we still need to produce offspring to function and grow as a species... the statement says it is to "control" not to stop offspring altogether

• Look at China and India.
      They have a population crisis. I'm sure they'd love to have more gays there.

• I don't agree with it.

• Guess that makes sense.

• lmao. funny observation

id say feminism is doing a far better job!

• lol who the fuck said that
    that's a fucking lie homosexuality is around cause of lust
    that's it

• Makes sense but isn't there any proof?

• It could be true, nature always finds a way to do something

• no... nothing is meant.

• homosexuality is men's answer to modern women sucking... .

• Well as a person who believes in God, I don't think it's "nature's population control." I think it's a spiritual affliction some people suffer, probably some biological malfunction is involved as well.

That idea never made any sense to me because nature has enough ways to wipe us out or control the population. Also there are plenty of homosexuals and we are still a massively overpopulated species. Finally, homosexuality is barely seen in nature compared to humans. If it's a population control method why don't animals exhibit it more, there are plenty of species that could use some controlling.

• Nah! :p It's a small proportion. It's not working either, the worlds population is exploding, especially in areas like Africa, India and China.

As a weapon to use to sqaush religious bigots though? Yeah, I tend to ally myself with the gay community on that. I feel they're an important ally in destroying religion (I'm quite a millitant atheist).

What Girls Said 9

• That's the most ridiculous statement I have heard in a really long time! People who are gay, bi, transgender, asexual, and heterosexual are born with it. It's in our genes/ genetic makeup. People of all sexuality are put on earth to be happy, to love, to have fun, to find success, and to be free. Gays and lesbians were not put on this earth to control the rapid population.

• I don't agree. It has nothing to do with controlling the population. It's just how they are and feel. Why does everything needs an explanatory and logical reason to exist?

• Not true ,
    It's just the way it is

• Not really. Natural disasters, diseases airborne or genetic will prey on the weak or susceptibles.

• Isn't homosexuality technically based off of DNA - therefore genetic?

• Homosexuality has to do with the person's choices and environmental influences. gay people can still reproduce.

• I would only believe homosexuality is genetic if they have fucking tested all the gay people on earth to determine that it is. The truth is the scientific community only want to show things are deterimental in relation to reproductions but they can't predict it is true for the majority of people on earth. Then these bunch of gullible people all rush to believe the scientists are spreading gospel truths based on a few sample of people. This world operate on shades of grey!

• Unbelievably stupid statement.

• I disagree with it. Many gay people want children anyway

• It's possible. I've read a theory that having it as a recessive gene helps create an opportunity more adults (uncles, aunts, etc) to help raise children in the extended family.

• I don't think there's a purpose for being gay or bi or interested in anyone outside of the normal gender binaries. I think people like who they like because they do. If it cuts down on the population a bit, then hey great. If it means more kids get adopted into loving homes too then hey, that's also great. I don't like that the statement gives population control as a reason for being gay. What if being gay is just... natural? That's what I think.

• No, it's not, but it's Def not right, and a little gross how society is letting more and more kids be ok with this, and change the natural cycle of the world. That's why there's so many more diseases in the world. I don't know eww..