Do you suck in your stomach when in public?

My entire family doesn't seem to know this concept, so they all walk around like pregnant women. When I told them to suck their bellies in, my brother said "well then I'd be a fake person". So I said that everyone does this. But does everyone really?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to suck in my gut, especially in front of very physically attractive women. But I don't anymore, because there's no more room for my stomach to be sucked into. I'm too fat now. I'm not overly fat, but I'm fat enough that I can hardly suck much of my stomach in as much as I used to. I agree with your brother, though. If you don't like such a big stomach, then work it off. Otherwise, don't be such a superficial person by sucking in your gut just to hide something that is usually there. It's going to physically wear you out. Seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol no. Constantly? That's way too much effort.

What Guys Said 15

• I do it all the time and bam insta-abs. Can you beat that @ConsultantIsBack?
    ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...-29907-1425425619-16.gif
    cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-23-2015/8wCkXG.gif

• hahahaha ok so sometimes after i eat a lot of carbs, i can totally do the first gif. i can stick out my gut but then bring it in too, when i'm bloated lol its really funny to do

• When I was younger I always sucked in my gut or flexed my abs always constantly to the point where I would only ever relax it when I slept. As soon as I woke up it was on auto pilot sucked in mode again lol until I started driving truck :( then I just sat in my truck all day so after a while I started relaxing it all the time. Now I have to conciously think about it whenever I'm up and about.

• No, but when I'm at the beach/pool or have my shirt off in public, I'm pretty much flexing my abs, yeah

• I sometimes did it when i was like 14 and in the changing room at schools but i wasn't even fat just slightly chubby, now I've been going to gym for 2 years so i don't have to.

• Well I'm skinny af. So I don't have a belly. Only an ancient 6 pack.

• They have bad posture and weak abdominal muscles apparently?

• That sounds like a workout in itself lol,

• What? Of course not. If I did that it would take a lot of effort and look weird.

• Tell them to engage their core instead.

• Nope

• I do. And when i was younger, i did it so much that i couldn't relax my belly at all.

• Me too. It has become a habit for me. I only fully relax my belly when I'm sleeping

• I think I do. I don't do it consciously, if I do.

• hhaa... how dare you shame your own family.. lolol.

• Don't need to I'm shrredded af.

• I don't

What Girls Said 12

• Nooooo... I am nowhere near that worried about what other people may think about my stomach. It sounds like your family has more of a posture problem than anything else.

• I don't. I think it'll be hard to maintain it. I'll go for clothing style to hide it when i have bigger stomach than usual.

• I look okay without doing that lol

• lol no.. i don't... i doubt if this is even possible

• I can't say I've ever thought about doing such a thing.

• When you have good posture it kind of does it on it's own in my opinion anyway. When I don't stand correctly I have a belly when I do I don't.

• no. I sucked my stomach in once at the doctors office and he laughed at me. lol

• nope.

• Nope. I rock my #jellybelly with pride.

• Lol no I don't, I just try to walk with a straight posture-->stomach looks flat.

• Well never did it, seems I don't need to.

• yeah i constantly suck in its a habit