*PLEASE HELP* ways of lifting yourself up when you're depressed?

I suffer from depressio and PTSD, I am on sertraline and take it daily, however I still feel very depressed and I dont know what I can do to lift myself up? any ideas? Thankyou.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not medical advice, more just general, but I'd say fall in love with something (doesn't have to be someone).

It's the best way to heal the spirit: finding something that motivates you to wake up every day and pursue it. It could just be a hobby that really excites you, a best friend, a lover, anything. All you have to do is absolutely love it.

Most Helpful Girl

• find some activities that keep u busy, physical activities are really good for u, small things like walking can help u a lot, be optimistic, stop focusing on the bad things, set some goals

What Guys Said 3

• Change your frame of mind. Think positively. Look forward to the future. Smile to yourself in the mirror. Strive for goals. Exercise regularly. Have a good diet. Have a good social life. Dont sweat the small stuff. From every negative there is a positive.

• Listen to your favourite music and dance to it then go out for some fresh air. Try and get moving and stuff to ride it out. Just think that no matter how bad you think things are in your depressed state that there's no point in being sad about it because you can't be bothered being sad and life is too short so f**k it. Then just make sure you do this ---- :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Enjoy the little things

What Girls Said 2

• If you are still very depressed despite being on medication then it means you aren't on the right dosage or you are on the wrong medication. You'll have to go back to your psychiatrist for that.

• Call your care provider and schedule an appointment to discuss alternate treatments and medications.