Do you like the country you are living in?

I like the USA, as of now. It hasn't caused me any problems, but I know it has caused many people many problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm American but I'm living in Canada right now and I love it. I like their politics, views on religion, sexuality, gender, race, / everything kind of better. It's hard to say though because I do love the USA and will most likely go back when I'm done with university.

I don't like how brutally long and cold the winters are though. In the USA winter didn't start until Dec and lasted until mid March. Here it's Nov to the end of March. It's dark and freezing and fall is barely 2 months long. But they've got good beer and are generally friendly and reasonable people.

• I like "In the USA winter didn't xxxx", as though the USA had the same homogeneous climate throughout.

My boy's from Miami, where winter didn't start until... um, never. (:

And I'm from southern California. What's this shit about how water can FREEZE, again? And about how it can randomly fall out of the sky? Lies, all of it.

• @redeyemindtricks Hm maybe you don't hear that much love about seasons because of where you're from? East Coast and Canada anticipates all the seasons very excitedly and it's a big part of living here. Canadians love their snow and winter. There will be snow and ice on the ground but parents still take their kids out for walks all bundled up in strollers or being pulled behind in sleds. It'll be well below freezing and other uni students will be out on the ice playing hockey very late out. All the parks in the city I'm in get flooded to create rinks. While snow and ice is a big pain in the butt it's also pretty important to many people because of holidays, events, and activities that get heavily promoted and celebrated during certain seasons.

Fall weather gets talked about the most I think. I love fall jackets and boots. I think fall fashion is the best personally. That's pretty interesting about the comparison you see between fashion and weather centred around cities.

• My friend and I are both considering moving to the West coast after graduation but family and missing the fall are two things holding me back.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind Canada... it is a goodsafe place to live overall. I guess they did a worldwide study and we came in second after Germany for best countries to live.

Everyone tends to think we have so much snow, but I believe New York state tends to get more than we do in South-Central Ontario and we are not much colder.

The most southern tip of Ontario reaches down to about the equivalent of the north end of California so it has milder temps. I guess it is a common misconception.

The only thing I am worried about is our current government overspending when we should be thinking of taking it easy through the recession.

What Girls Said 19

• All that noise about how the USA is the land of opportunity... is not just noise.

I mean, I happen to have pretty much exactly the exact personality and disposition needed to take advantage of that opportunity. So, sorta biased here. LOL But, I've achieved a pretty ridiculous amount of success.

The system still has many flaws here, but, it is undoubtedly one of the least bad systems in the world.
    One of the least bad.

• Social mobility is an actual metric.

The US is NOT at the top of the list in social mobility.

Opportunity does NOT abound.

• @redeyemindtricks Oh, okay. So someone who is strident about anything is better than someone who agrees with anybody and won't have their own opinion for fear of rocking the boat. Okay, I gotcha now. Well, I don't mind an open discussion, but all the people I know on the other side won't answer questions directly, use vague, highbrow language pulled from the "Think" "Progress" liberal dictionary, simply go for the smear job, or blatantly deny all factual proof. I'd love a good debate, just not with someone who only seems to love to hear themselves talk.

• @galloway875 Yeah, with you there. Had a good amount of that quality of conversation, with dude, there.

Hey, there's a good love-to-hear-yrself-talk, and there's a bad love-to-hear-yrself-talk. The former is an absolutely essential part of all good rhetoric.

I mean, don't you ever say the same sentence over and over to yourself, just going for that perfect delivery? Mb it's just me. LOL
      Obvs that'll mostly be lost in translation on a written forum... but, dude, I **love** to hear myself talk. #extrovertproblems

• The US is alright. Getting real nervous about the upcoming election, though.

• Yea, same.

• @redeyemindtricks I somewhat agree with you but I also disagree with you. I think you're right when you say that the normal people running those surveillance programs are good people. I don't think anyone doubts that. The problem is that the powerful people who actually created and lead these programs are not good people. Not for a second will I believe all these silly lies by the US government about trying to catch pedos and avoid terrorist attacks. Sure, these things might be nice side effects of the surveillance programs but they're not the reason the programs were created in the first place. I mean, do you really believe the NSA believed it would find child porn on Angela Merkel's phone or on Hollande's computer? Eventually, it's all about power. And though this might be understandable on a nation-level (different countries spying on each other), it becomes very scary when it gets to a personal level. Companies like Google and Facebook work closely together with the NSA and have

• done so in the past. In other words: even if you're not American, you might get spied out every time you use the internet. It makes us normal people into something we call in German glassy citizens. Institutions such as the NSA can see right through us and know everything about us. That is very, very scary and ethically questionable I believe. I'm not saying the US is a dictatorship at the moment but this kinda stuff paves the way. Back in the DDR (east Germany) government spies still had to actually hide in your basement or attic and listen to your conversations through wires they secretly distributed in the house. Nowadays, you just go on google and the US government reads along. It's true that other countries are much worse off than America and have more corruption but the American government is still scary because it tries to play the role of a global police officer. That's not bad in all cases but it's definitely bad if the power goes to some crazy madman named Donald.

• I like my country, Italy, in terms of culture, food, history, landscapes and weather, also people are very friendly but I dislike it when it comes to find a job, justice and politicians

• Lol no. I hate living in Latvia. Can't wait to get my ass outta here. I don't belong here.

• ... I have a Passport, @mntwins66
    Good luck. xx

• Canada is pretty good.
    It's got free health care at least.
    But it doesn't have any good stores for me to shop in. Also it's gets fucking cold where I live.
    But overall I do like, I would like to live in USA tho and do plan on moving there someday

• No. The justice system is f*cked up and so is everything else in the good ol' US of A.

• The US is okay minus all the snow I'm stuck in currently.

• The Netherlands is where I live in. I like it there but it's not ideal of course. But I don't strive the perfect life.

• Yeah it isn't that bad. I haven't lived or even visited to any other countries however :P I hear Australia is really nice to live in

• France is good. But I wouldn't see myself settling here in the future.

• Yeah I love America except the liberal establishment

• Sweden is great in many ways, it's liberal & we have free health insurance and a great social care, but Sweden is too small, I feel like the US would fit me a lot better.

• Sweden too small? Imagine how it is living here in Luxembourg :P

and I personally would never trade Sweden for the US lol

• @Yumix Yeah :P Haha I can't really imagine that.

What, why? :o

• I like the country not the government, not the surroundings

• This might surprise some but despite its problems I love my country Pakistan.

• I love the USA. :D

• I love the UK. But wish I could live nearer my b/f. Love u by the way 😘

• Born & raised in Canada & yes I like it here. Wouldn't want to live any place else.

• Yes I do

What Guys Said 21

• No. Not at all. My country is highly corrupt, the infrastructure is too poor, the education system sucks, the people are too conservative, and they usually know nothing better than to make more and more babies (which explains it being the second-most populous country). :(

• You are moving to Australia forever so it doest sound well if u say these thing. Yeah that all we know it happen but u born in this country so have some respect bro

• @Anilkumar11

I never said India is 'the' worst country in the world. Islamic countries which follow the Sharia law are the worst. Besides, a country is a passive entity. It's the people which make the country good or bad. I love India, because it's MY country. But I absolutely DESPISE Indians.

• I am just asking I also put the question here

• It's most interesting quality is being small: from where I live I can go to any other city or town in a bit more than an hour.
    taking a train, I can be in the Netherlands , France, Germany, Luxembourg or London in maximum three hours. (but cross border tickets are expensive). Roads are traffic jammed all the time.

• Yes, I enjoy living in Germany, but for some little reasons, I don't like the city I'm living in that much.

• I am happy enough in Ireland

• Meh... Latvia could have been better but it ain't all that bad either.

• Of course Canada has a decent health care

• Not really I mean I love egypt coz it's home but it's shitty after all I wanna live somewhere else preferably Britain

• Nah, I don't like it here in the UK. It's boring, wet and it's full of idiots.

But I should be grateful, because there's a lot more worse places.

• I like the USA. I just don't like this freaking snowstorm...

• I would say overall it's good, so the answer is yes. However there are certain things which makes me dislike my country

• Murica!!!

• Yes, I like Sweden because of its beautiful nature.

• Why would you like a country that is responsible for the murder and suffering of millions and millions of innocent people every single year?

• I think that the UK is okay. Average weather, but I'd like to go somewhere that's very different to here

• I like it here (CT, USA). I'd prefer to live in NYC, but, y'know, daddy ain't THAT rich. :P

• I like the UK, it's a strange country, it can be a little depressed at times but it seems okay to me

• what do you mean it can be a little depressed at times?

• @ChaosKilledTheDinos *Depressing, well, you see, the UK has a typically cynical nature, it's not bothered me as much now, but it has before, it is a very nice country though, most of the people here are really nice

• Hm that's an interesting difference. I kind of picked up on that vibe when I was there over the summer. The people in public service were very friendly and helpful and the people my friends and I met when we went out. But there was like this kind of cynical or more serious feel in public. Like less public emotion of any kind. I really loved being in England though.

• i love the USA, even if it has gone downhill

• its nice yeah i do

• yes and I think I'm quite lucky to be born here

• I love my country.

• i m from pak and i don't feel myself fitted here , would move my ass ASAP ;)