Which book/movie/story has influenced you the most and why?

Thanks ☺

Most Helpful Guy

• Book: The 5 love languages, by Dr Gary Chapman. I would highly recommend it to you. Its a good read and will aid your understanding on the various facets that directly influence the intepretation of love.

Movie: The transporter. I like the panache of the main character. I'm somewhat inspired by him to dress in a sleek fashion.

• Hahaha, actually if there's any one suggestion that I could give to you on the book you are writing, it would be to include the 5 love languages and the 16 personality types in your writings.

I have seen the whole series of books on the 5 Love Languages at Popular but didn't buy them cos I'm not sure when I would finish reading them and I can always borrow them from the public libraries anyway. But I have read some online articles which give very good summary about the 5 love languages and how they work. And I have taken a couple of personality tests on the 5 love lauguages to find out what my love language is too. What about you? Have you taken those tests? :- )

• Many people who frequented the train station had seen Hachiko and its master together every day when the professor was still alive. Those people brought treats and food to nourish Hachiko during its long wait during those 9 years.

A bronze statue of Hachiko was erected in memory of it and its faithfulness has become a national symbol of loyalty in Japan."

• Hahaha, so I have guessed yours correctly!
      My main love language is also physical touch, then acts of service and quality time :- )

Most Helpful Girl

• Any detective/murder mystery type tv shows, books, and movies have influenced me the most. Since I'm an extremely curious person. It makes me want to know who did it. So I ended up using deductive reasoning with everything I do. Even when I meet people I start to deduce what kind of person they might be and a lot of other things. So basically what you see in detective type stuff. That or things like Ace Attorney.

When it comes to relating too. It would have to be Treasure Planet. Since I face the same things that Jim faces and feels. Plus this song in the movie I really can relate to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Hrq9dzNSs

What Guys Said 5

• As silly as it sounds, I think the movie Space Jam has influenced me. It is a movie from 1996, starring basketball player Michael Jordan. When I was younger, I watched that movie a ton and it really inspired me to work hard at playing basketball. I watched that movie so many times on VHS that the tape actually got ruined.

Since then, I may have stopped playing basketball, but I believe that the inspiration to work hard kind of stuck around. I tend to get pretty dedicated to things that I enjoy and will work hard to get better at them. Given how many times I watched Space Jam, I'm sure it had quite a bit of influence on me growing up and making me who I am today.

Good memories... good memories...
    45.media.tumblr.com/.../...b99UBB1rw34jxo1_400.gif

• The movie that has by far influenced me most is Forrest Gump.
    In terms of music, I'd say all the 60s and hippie music that I heard a lot growing up (my parents used to play it a lot when I was younger).
    In terms of books... this is quite a tough one. I love reading and I also do read a lot (I also have to since I study English literature) but I don't think there's one specific story that influenced me a lot. I think it's more the general influence of all the books combined that I read as a child and teenager that made me into who I am. If I had to go with one book though, I'd name the children's book "Ronia the robber's daughter" by famous Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. My parents read a lot of Swedish children's books to us growing up. Sweden probably has the best children's authors in the world.

• There are so many that I can't even recount what inspired me exactly for which, these come to memory from time to time based on situation. However, I'll give it a try
    1. Kate and Leopold reemphasized my being what I am in terms of language and mannerisms
    2. The Original Sin enlightened me the meaning of love (a lot of people debate that but my opinion stays - not forcing it on anyone)
    3. The Twilight Saga enlightened me on the fact that love has no boundaries and the meaning of love :)

There's more but like I mentioned, memories come and go as and when situation arises :D

• If any one thing has influenced me over the years it would have to be music. Not movies or stories

• "The Ascetical Homilies" by St. Isaac the Syrian since it has a lot of useful spiritual advice that helped me to be at peace with myself.

What Girls Said 4

• "90 Minutes in Heaven."xx

• 13 Reasons Why - I really related to it as I am in a similar situation. I understood the secondary main character (Hannah) very well.

• This is gonna sound weird but, I just saw the new Cinderalla movie a few days ago and I thought it was amazing especially with the usage of the line "have courage, and be kind!" I have been trying to remind myself everyday to incorporate that saying in my life because it is true and it would probably make my days better

• none
    filler