Every time I eat I become bloated?

I eat a pretty good diet- lots of fruits, vegetables, eggs, chicken, rice, protein shakes, peanut butter! I drink 8 glasses of water a day! I eat bread though (grilled cheese sometimes or a cupcake) so is it possible that I have celiac disease? Or something else? When I wake up in the morning my stomach is flat and looks amazing but right when I start eating I get bigger and bigger! Does anyone else have this problem? Please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• it has happened to me. it depends on your diet... sometimes things can mess up. i mean, it happened to me once, mainly, and I literally looked like I gained 15 pounds that one day.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal to fluctuate throughout the day.

I also go through this. You can change up your diet if you want. Breads are known to cause bloating in people. But if you try upping your exercise you may experience better results.

What Guys Said 2

• You have to get tested to know for sure. And it requires fasting and blood work. Or you have to read labels and cut out anything with wheat or gluten in it. And I mean READ EVERYTHING!
    IF you have it, the sooner you go gluten-free the better. Otherwise you risk permanently damaging your digestive tract. And ultimately your immune system. So go get tested, and you will be able to adjust your diet accordingly.

• Happens to me quite often , I'll eat a lot because of my appetite but it takes 20 minutes for my stomach to tell my brain I'm full so it keeps happening and then my stomach is flat in the morning too

What Girls Said 4

• If I eat a spinach salad with not enough protein to balance it I get bloated. Spinach has a lot of fiber so I retain gas. But if I add some grilled shrimp it's all good.

• Your body might be intolerant to certain foods you're eating. Get an intolerance test - it's not cheap, by the way., and your stomach troubles will disappear.
    That's what I did.

• Does this happen all the time, or just during certain cycles of the month? It's normal to become bloated easily when you're on or close to your period.

Things that can cause bloating:
    - Eating fast
    - Eating big portions
    - Not exercising
    - Chewing gum
    - Drinking a lot of water can give you temporary "water weight"
    - Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can actually cause bloating as well

This site explains why a healthy diet can cause bloating and gas: www.everydayhealth.com/.../

Since you wake up with a flat stomach, you probably have nothing to worry about, but you can always consult this with your doctor to be on the safe side.

• uhmm isn't this normal? when you wake up, you are an in an empty stomach.. and when you eat your tummy gets bigger until you take a dump

• it also depends in your body structure and metabolism.

• What if you can't always take a dump?

• @asker what is your body type? do you exercise?

@Daynada for me that is the case. if you can't take a dump always then that would add the bump look to it in my opinion.