Does planning goes against the Christian faith?

Like are we suppose to refrain from planning the months ahead, for we are not in control of life and only God knows the future?

But does that mean that coorporations or families are doing wrong practices when they plan there budget for the incomming year for example?

I think having a plan is better than not having a plan, for things can go wrong either way right. Its not like God will be vindictive and punish those who make a plan and reward directionless live the moment persons.

Well we need at least not be arrogant when we plan and be aware that we are not the architects of the universe or the future and acknowledge the fact that unpercieved circumstances might crop up at any time.

This leads to fear of the unkown. Scary future. But then again we ought not live enclosed in ourselves I suppose and take note of the realm of probability which leads to a certain confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do as you please, god never said not plan anything. I feel like you don't understand Christianity, He wouldn't want yo I going into anything blindly, also god let's things happen naturally sometimes without stepping in.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's foolish not to plan. God is not a magic genie who does everything for us. We must do everything we can, and when that is done, then we leave the rest to God. He is in control, if we are planning the wrong path God will set us straight.

You may know that old joke that goes "A man drowning at sea and he sees a ship come by to help and he say 'no thanks God will save me' and that happen like 3 times and the man dies, then in heaven he ask God 'why didn't you save me?' and God says 'But I sent you 3 ships!'"

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• George sums it up perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kZ0lRW9Ls

• Since there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of any deity or deities, live your life based on what you do know - the world you live in. So, feel free to plan for the future. After all, this adage is very true: "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

• If you don't have a plan A, and a plan B, you could spend the rest of your life wandering aimlessly around achieving absolutely nothing. I have my life mapped out over the next 5-6 years. I know exactly the situation I want to be in by then.

You have only one life here. Your Christian God gave you a brain to think with, and to make your own decisions. Use it!!