Do rednecks actually exist?

... or are they just a stereotype? Sorry if I sound ignorant. I'm not from the states :)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Nope, they exist. Some of them are annoying as hell.

• They're the Kinds of people who never put sunscreen on their necks when going to the Beach. After a day in the sun, everywhere else would be OK but the back of their necks would be red as fuck. Hence the term rednecks

• Yeah they exist. They exist everywhere actually just speak with different accents.

• Um, sure.

Rednecks exist anywhere there is racism.

:\

• Yes they exist

• Redneck is a term that started to become a thing because farmers would work all day in the sun and come home with red necks, among other sunburnt places. That's what I've been taught at least.

Today it's used as an offensive term mostly.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, boy! you can find enclaves of rednecks in every U. S. State. They're the backbone of run-down trailer parks, flea markets and the used pick-up truck business. If you come here on vacation, you could buy a couple fairly cheap, and take em back home and put em on display. Use em to make "public service" commercials warning the public against the dangers of inbreeding!

• 0|0
  • Yea often times there proud of it. Matter of fact the guy who host are you smarter than a fith grader did a whole comedy series on being a redneck

• Oh yeah haha. Plenty of them.

• Im from North Carolina and Tennessee and yes they do exist

• Redneck and proud, right here

• Yes. I've met a few.

• Yeah when I was in the military there were a lot of them lmao