Gamers, do you prefer a game with high concept or high execution?

Concept:

-Depth of the story
-Lore of the world
-Depth of the characters

Excetution:

-Quality of the audio
-Quality of the graphics
-Quality of the gameplay

• Concept
  • Execution

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• High concept. For that reason one of my most favorite games of all time is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Yea the gameplay was nice but could have been better, but the concept, the story, the atmosphere and even the music were second to none in my opinion.

What Girls Said 5

• Concept. I don't find audio and graphics that important. It's a bigger problem when the gameplay sucks though. I don't think I'd be able to handle an awful gameplay.

• High concept makes you come, but high execution makes you stay.

So in the end, its execution.

• Concept mainly but having both is perfect.

• If you spend like 20$ on a game with no concept then that is $$ wasted. There is so many FPS that is just execution and it suuuucks. Wasted money.

• I like games with concept.

What Guys Said 12

• I voted executions only because you included gameplay... You can have the best concept in the world but if i'm constantly glitching through objects/ fighting against half-assed mechanics instead of whatever i'm supposed to be fighting it'll get frustrating pretty quickly

• Yup. Gameplay swings it. And I'm not sure it doesn't belong in a category by itself.

• Why can't you have both? Gamers have to deal with games that half-ass one of those things, but in an ideal world I'd like to have both.

• Concept is the make or break thing for me, but the execution is also quite important. ESPECIALLY the audio :)
    Then again, the concept is what attracts lots of people, but the execution is what makes them stay (props to the anon girl there ;) )
    Without the execution, the masses may not deem it worthy enough of a sequel.

This is a very good question, actually. Perhaps it depends on the type/genre of game?

• execution, but concept is a close second lol.

• you could have the greatest concept in the world but if it is not executed properly it will still be a crappy game

• I chose A->Concept, only because I've been playing a lot of Diablo III recently. But frankly, Diablo III succeeded in both A and B. I can't wait to get my hands on Reaper of Souls. Yahooo!!

• It would have been better if you put Gameplay in a separate category.

• The execution of the concept. Witcher 3 for example.

• Not sure if I fit to be a "gamer", per se, but concept + gameplay is important to me.

• A good game requires good Concept. I'm confused by the 9/7 ratio. Concept should have a greater lead.

• Concept for single-player campaign games

Execution for multi-player and replayable games

• I think to much is placed on graphics and that.

• I'd prefer if it had no concept, I hate when games have a story etc. and I don't really care about graphics or audio. The only thing that matters is the gameplay