Gamers, do you prefer a game with high concept or high execution?

Concept:

-Depth of the story
-Lore of the world
-Depth of the characters

Excetution:

-Quality of the audio
-Quality of the graphics
-Quality of the gameplay

• Concept
    80% (12)57% (16)65% (28)Vote
  • Execution
    20% (3)43% (12)35% (15)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|13

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• High concept. For that reason one of my most favorite games of all time is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Yea the gameplay was nice but could have been better, but the concept, the story, the atmosphere and even the music were second to none in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Concept. I don't find audio and graphics that important. It's a bigger problem when the gameplay sucks though. I don't think I'd be able to handle an awful gameplay.

0|0
    0|0
  • High concept makes you come, but high execution makes you stay.

So in the end, its execution.

0|1
    0|0
  • Concept mainly but having both is perfect.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you spend like 20$ on a game with no concept then that is $$ wasted. There is so many FPS that is just execution and it suuuucks. Wasted money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like games with concept.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I voted executions only because you included gameplay... You can have the best concept in the world but if i'm constantly glitching through objects/ fighting against half-assed mechanics instead of whatever i'm supposed to be fighting it'll get frustrating pretty quickly

0|1
    0|0
    • Yup. Gameplay swings it. And I'm not sure it doesn't belong in a category by itself.

• Why can't you have both? Gamers have to deal with games that half-ass one of those things, but in an ideal world I'd like to have both.

0|1
    0|0
  • Concept is the make or break thing for me, but the execution is also quite important. ESPECIALLY the audio :)
    Then again, the concept is what attracts lots of people, but the execution is what makes them stay (props to the anon girl there ;) )
    Without the execution, the masses may not deem it worthy enough of a sequel.

This is a very good question, actually. Perhaps it depends on the type/genre of game?

0|0
    0|0
  • execution, but concept is a close second lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • you could have the greatest concept in the world but if it is not executed properly it will still be a crappy game

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose A->Concept, only because I've been playing a lot of Diablo III recently. But frankly, Diablo III succeeded in both A and B. I can't wait to get my hands on Reaper of Souls. Yahooo!!

0|0
    0|0
    • It would have been better if you put Gameplay in a separate category.

• The execution of the concept. Witcher 3 for example.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure if I fit to be a "gamer", per se, but concept + gameplay is important to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A good game requires good Concept. I'm confused by the 9/7 ratio. Concept should have a greater lead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Concept for single-player campaign games

Execution for multi-player and replayable games

0|0
    0|0
  • I think to much is placed on graphics and that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer if it had no concept, I hate when games have a story etc. and I don't really care about graphics or audio. The only thing that matters is the gameplay

0|0
    0|0