I am spiritual but not religious. Would it be wrong for me to go to mass at a Roman Catholic church?

I am looking for a place to meditate. I am more along the lines of Buddhist than anything. However, I was raised Christian. I haven't been to mass since I was 18, so 5 years ago.

I am in a good place in my life and with my inner self. I am returning home where there is a lot of conflict and depression. I got the feeling that I would like to meditate and be in touch more spiritually before I make the move back tomorrow.

There is a beautiful church a few blocks from me. Should I go?

Most Helpful Guy

• Naw dude great way to meet people too

Most Helpful Girl

• You could do. They'll likely be quite nice and welcoming. I'm Muslim and my cousin is Christian, but I often attend her church and she my mosque and nobody minds, in fact most enjoy it.

What Guys Said 3

• Go to the church to meditate - it will be quiet - but don't attend mass on Sundays.

• They are very welcoming. No one will bother you.

• Why not? Many churches are beautiful and have peaceful environments.

What Girls Said 2

• Definitely not wrong! If they are a church that really embraces Catholic/Christian values, then they will welcome you with open arms. I went to Catholic school (I'm not Catholic though) and I had several friends who weren't even spiritual or religious at all who thoroughly enjoyed going to mass and felt very at home there. I say go!

• No. The church would let you in. You don't have to be super religious.