What do you honestly think about America whether you live here or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it. Freedom for one. Diversity for another. I am surrounded by so many different cultures and beliefs, it's wonderful. I absolutely love learning about people from different places and their stories and beliefs. Religion: people are free to practice whatever they want or nothing at all here. I love that for the most part... people are friendly. I can go as South as Florida and as North as the Canadian border and people are genuinely kind for the most part. Dodge, that's enough right there 😛. It's absolutely gorgeous. But most of all I love the freedom and diversity.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm not American but I've lived in the US for some time.
    I'd say that I love certain parts about America and I hate other parts about it. Probably my biggest love factor is nature. The natural environment in America is absolutely stunning, it's hard to even put it in words. People frequently tell me that my country Switzerland has beautiful nature and that is true if you're into tons of high mountains and endless skiing pistes but personally, I definitely prefer nature in America because it's just so much bigger and it's so much more diverse. From the swamps in Florida, to the desert lands in Texas or Arizona, to the incredibly green and fertile environment in the Carolinas, Georgia or Alabama, to the flat plaines of the midwest, the European-like thick forests in the New England States, the pacific climate in Hawaii, the snowy Rocky Mountains or the vast wilderness of Alaska, you've got almost all of the world's natural environments collected in one single country. It's something you just can't get enough of.

Second on my list of love factors are the people. Yes, Americans hold many strange and sometimes annoying believes but I love them for their mentality. I love how optimistic and positively spirited they are, how kind, obliging and welcoming they are for the most part, how tolerant they are about certain things (for example I am almost blind and my experience was that Americans treat disabled people with great understanding, support and tolerance in daily life) and I love them for their outgoingness. People in Europe and especially in my country Switzerland are incredibly distant and reserved. They don't talk to stranger unless they REALLY have to. Exposing yourself in any way whatsoever is considered rather distasteful. People here just want to be quiet and go about their business. This also makes getting to know new people incredibly hard. It was an awesomely refreshing experience when I was in the US and other students at my high school just came up to me and started talking to me for no particular reason.

However, there are also many things I dislike or hate about American and most of them relate in some way to politics. I hate pretty much everything about the trashy public school system. I hate the pseudo-capitalist ideology and all the stupid believes that come with it ("if you're poor, you just didn't try hard enough" etc.). I hate the gun fervor. I hate the ignorance towards environmental issues. I hate the fundamentalist christians. I hate

• how corrupted US politics are. I hate how the US is more of a plutocracy than a democracy. I hate the overtly passionate patriotism that denies any criticism from other countries and thus misses the chance to recognize problems and change things. In a nutshell, I hate everything that keeps America from becoming a greater nation that it is.

• I think America is such a huge country it varies greatly depending on where you live. I think places like Florida stay warm all year around pretty much, well stay warm compared to Chicago that gets very cold in the winter and gets snow. Then you get the places like Texas which are very very dry non-humid places. I think America in general gets better weather than places like England.

• (spits out water) did you say Texas was non humid? Clearly, you've never been there in any of the 10 summer months. The average yearly humidity in the ten largest cities is like 85%!

• What is Texas humid?

• yes, damn near tropical

• Amazing place. Very lucky to have been born here and be making the salary I am. All my problems are totally first world problems.

My firm flew in this guy from India to help out on a project we were understaffed on. He was literally twice my age, twice the professional experience, and we were doing the exact same work. American privilege is such a realization when things like that happen.

• I love it, but I'm not oblivious to the problems we have.

If I was gonna describe Americans to foreigners, I'd tell them two things: first, that we're very nice, friendly people on the whole, and second, that most of our problems stem from laziness -- the type of laziness that allows American politics to be bought and sold to the highest bidder.

TLDR: we're mostly very kind people, we have the capability to be a true moral world leader, but we're lazy and take things for granted.

• it's like the popular kid on the block... Even if you are not from there, haven't been there. You always hear and come across something relating to USA everyday single day. American corporations are dominant in the world, finest capitalist country there is.

• I really don't like America because they take so much from the American people. It seem like America is for the rich and to protect they finances.
    If I ever get enough money I would leave this country.

• Where do you want to go that you feel is better or has more opportunity for you?

• I would move to Italy. It's an historical place so it's a lot of history there and I love their food.

• A lot of nice people call it their part of planet earth. However, it's controlled by thieves, liars and warmongers.

• Best damn country in the world

• I like it, the people are nice and the opportunity is vast.

• We have Twinkies and KFC what else do we need? 'Murica!

What Girls Said 3

• Only when a question is asked about it.

• I want to go live somewhere else.
    I am just bored here. Nothing exciting.

• have you been to all 50 states? hard to believe that there's nothing for you when the country is a continent long.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau ^^^This.

• The most backwards "advanced" country there is.

• LOL so true. Still #1

"We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!”

• @atomique WE ARE NUMBER 1!!! (spongebob reference)