Fresh out of high school, have to wait a year till college so am spending the year working a part-time, minimum wage job. I want to pay my parent once a month but also save up for a used car and buy my basic necessities.
- $100 a month33% (5)36% (4)35% (9)Vote
- $50 a month33% (5)9% (1)23% (6)Vote
- Less per month (comment price)7% (1)27% (3)15% (4)Vote
- More per month (comment price)27% (4)28% (3)27% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Just whatever you are comfortable with right now0
Most Helpful Girl
depends on 1) what you are earning, 2) how much support your parents are giving you, and 3) if you're there alone or with someone else.
to give you an idea... some years ago, i moved home with the guy i was seeing.
1) i worked full-time at $12/hr (this was in 2009) and he worked part time (for minimum wage, which was $8.50/hr in my area);
2) my parents cooked family meals for all of us (my sister, her husband, and their new baby moved in shortly after we arrived);
3) i rode my bike or took the bus to work, so i didn't have to rely on my folks for rides;
4) all incidentals (dinners out, bus fare, cell phone) were paid for out of my own pocket.
taking all of these into account, my parents and i agreed on $400/month (room and board, plus groceries for the 2 of us).0