Why do some people catch feelings so easily while others don't?

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the older GaGers has explained restricted vs non restricted sexuality a number of times and he also has the patience to say it in a way that people will listen to.

The answer is 'because'.

People who don't 'catch feelings' should stict to other people who don't 'catch feelings' and they should leave the people who 'catch feelings' be.
    People who 'catch feelings' want what people who don't 'catch feelings' can't offer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people build a wall around themselves so they don't easily get attached to others. This is a learned mechanism to protect themselves from pain or hurt.
    Other people are less wary of what can happen and allow themselves to take that plunge.

In other circumstances,
    Some people perceive someone in a completely different way than that person views them. So although this person really likes them, they could never feel that way themselves. That person is just not their type.

What Guys Said 2

• In short I'd say 'that's how nature intended it' :)

• It's a matter of priorities.

If you put stock into emotions you will probably be more receptive.
    If you're like me and you put stock into reason instead, general emotions don't mean as much as clear information.

What Girls Said 3

• Different personality types and experiences really. It's like how different people like different candies.

• in a nutshell, I'm going to say trust issues.

• I don't know... I just need more time
    I tend to listen to my mind more than my heart