If I asked you to lend me money right now... would you?

This is just a hypothetical question. I don't really need money, but what if I did? Or someone else did on this website ? Would you lend some? Why or why not? What if you guys became kind of close, got to know eachother and decided to meet up? Or arrange something online? What do you guys say?

Most Helpful Guy

• no , i might sound selfish but. i have been burned in the past being nice and cosigning for relatives. with out me not working right now and only living off my wife's income i feel we wouldn't be able to with out putting a lot of strain on use. but depending on the reason you needed the money and depending on the type of person your are. example hard working and grateful but fell on hard times. we would probably find some way to help you and not expect it to be payed back. also one thing we would have to know you personally not just someone we met on the internet.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't. First and foremost: I don't know the people on this website personally, so they could be scamming me and be using it illegitimately and likely wouldn't ever pay it back to me. Secondly, if they're in financial trouble they should be finding other resources instead of reaching out to absolute strangers online, because, once again, they could be scammers.

I would flatly tell the person no, that while I would love to help everybody on this earth I can't trust in the legitimacy of their need for money and they should find other avenues to acquire assistance.

What Guys Said 10

• to a friend, sure. to someone I dont know, depends on the purpose and the amount.

• Yes I would lend some money to any friend. But he/she have gotta be my friend first. I don't see any loss here, i would be helping someone or a friend. Even if he/she deceives me, it would be their loss and not mine. Money comes and goes, friends don't.

• i wouldn't.. firstly because i don't know you, and secondly because i've diverted all my resources atm to investing in leveraged ETF's on the New York Stock Exchange.

• It depends on how much and who it is.

• Friendship first then I'd write a contract and we'd both have to sign.

• I offered some chick money to move out of her shitty family situation. She wouldn't take it anyway.

I'd probably lend like $100 at most.

• I don't lend money, I'm not a bank. It causes too many issues. It's either a gift or nothing.

• How much do you need?

• Would you give me a bj if I asked for it? Hypothetically.

• No I won't lend.

What Girls Said 8

• Depends how much and need it in writing lol.

• I wouldn't. I'm a broke college kid. I need all the money I have.

• Ehh no, I myself am kind of broke at the moment.

• If I had an established friendship with them where we talked at least once a day, and have been talking for well over 9months, sure.

• There's one person here I'd lend/give money to no questions asked.

• I don't know you... but if I did, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't because I am broke. I need all the money I can get.

• No, because I don't have any at the moment.

• Some girl on here a long time ago was asking for money to buy a car haha