Do you believe that dinosaurs are still alive?

Option A: I think they all died out 66MYA at the end of the Cretaceous

Option B: I think they died out much more recently and were contemporaries of modern humans

Option C: I think that they are still alive in remote areas

Option D: Of course there are dinosaurs that are still alive, they're called birds

• Option A
  • Option B
  • Option C
  • Option D

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish they did! i could have my mail deliver by a dinosaur!

• Birds still have the genes for hands, teeth and bony tails. If we turn them on in a hawk zygote and make it grow big you could have a sort o retro-raptor :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• There are alligators, crocs, caymen, sharks, komodo dragons, horned toads, gila monsters, turtles, anacondas, piranahs, and plenty of other creatures our there that are reminiscent of the dinosaur age. :)

• Non of the options I belie rep they are fish to be specific 😂

What Guys Said 14

• Option E, they still live in the Center of the Earth :P

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Hi_Officer.png

• Obviously they died way before humans, otherwise the dinosaur fossils would be younger. They are carbon dated so their age is known.

As for the question wether there are dinosaurs now, I dont think so. The atmosphere was different. The only living dinosaurs today are the ones that evolved into other animals.

media.giphy.com/media/iwnkdnExj1i92/giphy.gif

• With the exception of maybe some sea creature dinosaurs, no I do not. Quite simply, the world changed too much for them to have survived and they were already on the serious decline by the time that meteor struck the Earth. I would imagine that those human pieces of artwork were based off of their fossils as were dragon myths, and that perhaps maybe on the really primal subconscious level we inherited some sort of fear and/or fascination with large reptilians due to our early mammalian ancestors who were preyed upon by dinosaurs.

I do however believe it is a possibility that other hominid species may have survived into the Common Era. Medieval legends of hobbits and trolls really sound like Neanderthals and/or other hominids. I would have no problem believing it is at least a possibility that they have survived in sparse numbers up in European caves or something.

• dont tell anyone.. but i have 1 in my backyard. ITS SO AWESOME man. im the happiest guy on earth :P

• Crocodiles come from that era... some people still consider them a type of dinosaur, or rather the closest descendent.

• They are a sister group to dinosaurs but they're not actually dinosaurs, but the same isn't true of birds

• They're a cousin species IIRC, meaning they share a common ancestor to dinosaurs and lived alongside them.

• Raptors r known to have evolved into birds. They were once dinosaurs, but no longer. There r no more dinosaurs. But their descendants r alive

• I understand the close very relationship between birds and dinosaurs, but in today's vernacular, I'd have to say that no, dinosaurs do not exits today.

• Don't forget about Crocodiles and Alligators the basic crocodile form has been around for more than 180 million years.

• The world is only 6,845 years old, so CLEARLY, they could not have died out MYs ago.

• The world is 4.6 billion years old and they are still alive (as birds)

• @VirginiaBeachBum

I am kidding. I was just poking fun of the religious nutters who were sure to respond to your question.

• Oh, OK, I see, but I wasn't the one who asked the question. :-)

• Are crocodiles/alligators dinosaurs too?

• Possible C. But mainly B

• a mix of B and C you persistent brainwashed guy... .

• LOL you call me brainwashed yet you use debunked evidence like the T-Rex collagen and the hammer in the rocks proves the dating methods false while ignoring that Iron could preserve the soft tissues and that the mineral formation (not the concretion) is Ordovician.

• circular logic all over the place. you use your tools and jump on your own asumptions. and you are happy with it. i hope you are done. i'm fed up with people still connected in the matrix.

• And yet you keep commenting on these questions displaying you have no clue what you talk about and only assert that others are brainwashed and never justify your case. by the way, the premise of your argument is baseless. Even if you you showed that NON AVIAN dinosaurs existed much sooner it still wouldn't disprove that evolution happened. But if you can't see basic flaws in your own logic, there's no point in having this conversation,

You may claim that I live in the Matrix but when all you do is assert without justifying, you show that the only one refusing to change their world view in the face of overwhelming evidence and instead just claiming that it's fallacious without explaining why is yourself

Bye now

• There are Congo tribes deep in the jungle that say the big one with the long neck swims in the rivers but who knows... All the research and investigation was stopped after that... Strange hey.

• Well of course birds are technically dinosaurs but nah there aren't any dinosaurs really, they died yonks ago