Are you traditional, your parents, how long have you been in your country, whats your culture?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm American 4th gen on my mom's side and 5th on my dad's side. I moved to Canada to go to university when I was 18 and am still up north freezing my butt off. I'm not very traditional and neither are my parents... not sure what that even means exactly. My family is pretty socially liberal I guess that might answer it? Culturally I'm American I guess but I'm told I act more Canadian :)

• lol i feel you. I don't even know what it is to be a Canadian. Do I have to cheer loudly when hockeys on?

• I've gotten that comment when I express my social and political views mostly haha. Some people are surprised that Americans can be nice and open minded.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I'm not traditional and neither are my parents. We're all very progressive in pretty much every topic. My mom is a typical child of the summer of love (1968) and though she has now become calmer and older, I think when she was my age she was pretty wild ;-).
    I have been born and raised in Switzerland. My mom has some German ancestors but for the most part Swiss ancestors and they have been living here for many hundreds of years (probably since the medieval times). My dad is Greek and my ancestors from that side mostly come from the small Greek Island Kefalonia in the west of the Peloponnesos. They've also been living there for a very, very long time as far as I know (they were poor people for the most part, so a family tree unfortunately doesn't exist).
    My culture (you probably meant to say "mentality") is a mix of different cultures. Obviously part of it is Swiss since I've lived here most of my life. However, another big part of my mentality is Greek because of my dad. To a lesser degree, I'm also American... or Canadian. I'm not quite sure which one ;-). I've lived in the US for some time and my mentality is very US-American but my political views are way too European... so that probably makes me more Canadian haha. And finally, I've lived in South Korea and my long-term girlfriend is from there, so I might also have a little bit of east Asian or Korean-ness inside of me ;-). I'm not completely sure about that last one though :-).

What Girls Said 3

• No, I wouldn't say that I was very traditional. My parents are more so. I was born and grew up in England :)

• generally i am, but not in all areas. my parents are much more traditional yes. I'm born and raised in Australia.

• American. I'm 2nd generation on my father's side. On my mother's, 3rd generation

What Guys Said 1

• I am quite traditional in the American sense.