What do you think is the purpose of life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Or purpose is to reproduce and carry our genetic material to the next generation. But why? Whats the ultimate goal for doing that? When does it stop? Does it ever stop?

here's a mind blowing theory.

I call this the petri dish model. Lets say you want to extract DNA from somewhere, for example a bacteriophage. Once you extract the DNA you can cut it and insert the fragments into a cloning vectors. The vectors can then be inserted into bacteria such as E. Coli via transformation. You can then put the bacteria in a petri dish. After incubation the bacteria will reproduce and multiply many times. What happens is that now you have a genomic library. Technically each E. coli bacteria should contain a piece of the DNA you had at the beginning. Every bacteria has a piece if foreign DNA that if put together makes up the DNA of the organism you extracted it from. isn't that amazing?

What if we humans are a such experiment? There are regions in our DNA called noncoding DNA. Those are regions of the DNA that aren't transcribed into proteins and are essentially not reactive. So what purpose do they have? We dont know. What we know is that they make up for about 20% of our genome. What if our purpose is to just be a vessel for the genomic material of a highly advanced civilisation? Humans have been known to make statues, so that the memory of the great leaders lives on. What if instead of architecture, a civilisation decided to make a "statue" that contains its entire biometric information in the form of us?
    i.memeful.com/media/post/PM0aaRL_700wa_0.gif
    But of course thats something I just came up with lol so I haven't really given it much thought but it makes you think how little we are and how little we know about the life on our own planet.
    i.memeful.com/media/post/edvJvyd_700wa_0.gif
    I know thats what most of you did haha

What Girls Said 6

• To find your own damn purpose.
    It's different for everyone.

• I want to be happy so happy ppls will ask if I ever cried.

• I don't think there is one, apart from survival. We make things too complicated by trying to find meaning in everything. Sometimes it is exactly what it is at face value.

• Survival? How so

• Because we are. You can drive yourself crazy looking for meaning in chaos, but I don't see the point.

• No I see a point of it lol

• There is no exact bold answer for a purpose of life. But us living on earth each of us has a purpose on this earth. So we're not here for no reason , because you can also be a miracle for someone else. So

• Um.

There is no inherent meaning. We're not born with purpose.

If you want meaning in your life, you have to give it meaning.

:\

• What gives life meaning to you I mean if I can't find meaning what makes it has meaning?

• To always strive to be good, be humble, etc.
    Prepare for afterlife

What Guys Said 6

• make money get laid

• Procreation

• I used to think it was to play football/soccer. I still think that's an important part but i think more importantly we are part of a gradual process, contributing to and affecting what ultimate life form will be the almighty species and control the universe. It's a process of evolution. Evolving our species and others. What's the purpose of creating the almighty species? I think is probably to defeat the guy who brought life upon us and to end it all. Maybe I seem that in a movie or something though. . .

• Finding happiness

And that is different for all of us :o

• To just fuck bitches and get money, beyond that IDGAF.

• To find the purpose of life.