Why am I scared of death?

I don't know why, but i'm afriad of death. It's all i ever thing about, it gets me into a weird mood when i think about it. I want someone to talk to, i feel lonely, but i have so may friends and people that care about me. Like death is so final, I can't deal. What's the point in being here when we're all just going to die? It makes no sense. It scares me. I get into these moods where i get so deep into the thought of death that I think about my family, my mum, my dad, my younger siblings, they will all be gone one day. Gone. And there's nothing i can do about it. I can't live without themI'm an 18 year old female.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is afraid (I'm an exception to that statement) of death, it's a natural self-preservation instinct. As an atheist I love to argue that death is final, but as someone who also has been reading into multiverse theory as well as other theories of atoms existing in two places at one's (yep, 1 atom in 2 places that can be light years apart) so with that death may not be a final stage. No one really knows, and given the fact that quantum mechanics proves a lot of interesting nuts and bits you sometimes wonder if death actually exists.

Neverles no one knows what lies beyond. I can argue that death is a biological end, your brain stops functioning and that is it. But I can be wrong. There is no point obsessing over dying. Live your life and make memories, everything will come sooner or later and that means the ultimate demise, unless we find immortality which I dough, nor would I want to walk on this earth for eternity would be one hellish life seeing and doing virtually everything, with life having no meaning and you begging for death.

One day everyone will be gone and by everyone I mean the entire human race, so keep that in mind and stop obsessing over imminent event. Live in the present instead of the future, future changes, present doesn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is life. Just remember to do what you like, live and learn in the mean time. We fear death because truly we can never know what happens beyond what our beliefs are.
    Life is terminal and no one gets out BUT it could be far away. Don't let it become the sole focus of your thoughts. Thinking on it too much can keep you from living.
    Hope it helped 😊

What Guys Said 4

• It feels tacky to use the "you only live once" mantra that's been twisted into a idiotic rationalization for doing stupid things but...

You only live once.

So are you going to live in constant fear of something that will happen no matter what, or are you going to take advantage of whatever time you have and embrace life. Instead of dwelling on that scary pit that forms when you think about death, let it inspire you. This is your chance to do anything, absolutely anything. Take that chance and turn it into something great.

Enjoy what you have right now, and never let the threat of death take that away from you.

• Why be scared of it... death doesn't really exist anyways. Not the kind of death you are talking about. The only thing that dies is the human body, the soul lives on and if you are a good girl, you go to heaven. So in a sense death doesn't exist.

• You could die 100 years from now, but then again, a crazy driver could do a California stop, hit in you in the side and kill you instantly tomorrow. lol

• It's gonna happen no matter what

• Don't be so scared of death that you don't live your life

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal, most people feel like that.
    I don't fear death but then again I'm rather abnormal lol.