Would you rather travel by plane, car, train, or bus?

Why would you choose that method of transportation?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 40

• I actually like traveling by bus if it means I don't have to drive in heavy traffic. Trains would be excellent but there is no train system around here. I don't really like plane but I don't despise them-- I'll use them.

My verdict: I'd rather use a car if it means I don't have to drive. If I would have to drive, I'd rather use a bike if it is close and a bus if it is applicable.

Austin has a pretty good bus system (they're everywhere 😱), and with my school ID I get free bus transportation. Very convenient.

• The train is easiest: no check in, no long lines. And European HS trains get you there very fast. At least, there's space to walk around (seats are getting cramped too!)
    But since the Nov 16 terror attacks in Paris, I suppose there are check ins and luggage controls for HS trains too.

Any trip under 200 mi I'll use the train. (Belgium thus)
    Airports offer some comfort, railway stations can be acceptable, the bus 'stations' I used are terrible.
    Buses are as expensive as a plane for long distances and often there's not even a toilet.

• With all the traffic jams everywhere the car is a pita. We have one because some things are difficult without it , but to visit our son and granddaughter at 30 miles from here, we'll take a train.

• No bathroom on those buses? Ugh, no, thank you! That's necessary, haha.

• necessary, indeed. Only some (expensive) luxury touring touring buses have it. On the other ones, you have to wait till the next bus stop. :-p
      The old Greyhound coaches in the US didn't have it either (I rode in those derelicts in Mexico)

www.sfgate.com/.../greyhound_1954499x274.jpg

• Tank would be nice. Wouldn't have to deal with traffic xD

images.tvfanatic.com/.../peters-tank.png

• Given my hobby... by plane :D
    From time to time I also like to take a boat, the nicest holiday I've done was a cruise to Norway - all the famous fjords up to the North Cape.
    But I'm guilty of doing most everyday trips by car. Public transport is not bad in Belgium apart from the 20 strikes a year :-(

• Although I have never flown, I'd still want to travel by train. Something about trains that makes them special but I dunno what.

• I would prefer train, bullet trains, high speed trains, trains travelling over 500 kph.

• High speed trains, indeed!

• I haven't too much experience with trains in general, but I'd like to take a trip with one. :)

• I understand and speaking about trains, yes I have travelled many times in trains before, but I have never travelled in a high speed train, I mean train travelling over 500 kph, never!. In my country there are no such trains, at least as of now, in future who knows it may come!.

Hence I haven't experienced travelling in high speed trains!, but in general I have travelled in trains before.

• I would travel by:

Plane, or
    www.384thbombgroup.com/.../ford_3m_1.jpg

Boat
    cruiselinehistory.com/.../monowai005.jpg

Ahh, the days of old truly were the golden days of exploration, romance, and adventure in distant lands!

• You need to get your pilot's license and fly one of those old time planes.

• Heh, we can only wish. However, i can fortunately fly the planes wherever i please and save the pretty girl from the Hun whenever i want; that is, in the idles of my mind.

• Imagination is a beautiful thing!

• It all depends on were I, m going if it's warm out and I'm going somewhere I'm town ill take a motor cycle, if it with in 1200 miles ill drive. I have never had a reason so to travel any further than that. The reason why I would drive is I like to stop and see new things well I travel

• Yeah, my father liked to drive for all of our family vacations, even those that had destinations 14-15 hours away. It was nice to take in the sights as the car passed by.

• Depends on how far or where I am going! I would choose car though because I love rocking out on a road trip!

• media.giphy.com/media/EdIU420m8agCs/giphy.gif
    I like planes but I'm Brown so you know...

Generally speaking, cars! But fuel prices these day...

• Hah, I'm sorry for laughing at that. xD I love Harold and Kumar.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about prices of gas.

• It was intended to be funny lol

What's the point of a car if you can't afford to drive it? Am I right?

• You've got it. The car is my typical mode of transportation. It gets expensive.

• Car of course, I like the freedom... wwwcache.wral.com/.../eagle-300x225.jpg

• Haha, that image.

• Yeah :) I figured having a pic with an American bald eagle flying would symbolize an airplane even though you can't land planes in a garage, lol. I figured this would be more acurate to driving a car.

• What about Tramway, Trolleybus, Boat, Submarine, Spaceship? :P
    Anyway, I prefer Trains :D

• I prefer cars, they're more comfortable and enjoyable, but I always use public transportation.

• planes and driving. i hate the train (only use it to go to new york city every once in like 3 years) and i've never taken a bus (school bus doesn't count)

• If I'm not the one who has to drive.. road trips are always fun!
    If not, I'll take plane :)

• Haha, totally understand that. Maybe that's why my road trip last summer was so great. I didn't drive. :P

• Can't help myself once I'm derailed (I couldn't think of any punsss other than the train D: lol)

• Hahaha. Good enough. 😂

• Bicycle, as I already do.

• It depends on what's beneath me, but it doesn't matter for the most part. As long as I can get from point A to point B, that's all that matters.

• car

I hate flying
    train or bus you have to wait and there are other annoying people... so I'll take the car

• Typically, my go-to is the car as well. I've only been on one round-trip flight. It wasn't too bad. :) I definitely agree with not wanting to be surrounded by a bunch of others with trains or buses, though.

• Who said I have to go to the US? Why don't you come to Europe? ;)

• This is an excellent point. I've wanted to visit for a while. I need money, though, haha.

• Hard to choose between train and plane because they're both cool but I've never been on either. Probably train, being less commonly seen.

• Definitely understand that. I've never really experienced much when it comes to trains.

• Helecopter to you beautiful

• Don't matter to me as long as i'm not paying for gas :D
    No planes though :(

• Helicopter so I could scare the shit out of everyone when I'd land where I'm not supposed to.

• Not boat? Not foot? Not horseback?

• Unicycle 🙂

• Train is my favorite way of traveling.

Because I don't like flying, am not a very good driver and I get often a bit sick in the bus.

• I prefer a car, so I can do skids and drive fast. :D

• train, i haven't yet but i want to

• Any except car. I hate driving.

• Definitely car.

• I like t

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 26

• Plane

Because I can read a cosy book

And its quite of a peaceful time for me there

I get to relax during that time

But I don't know what to say more

That isn't all

I also have good memories associated to it

I used to travel a lot to have violin classes with this great teacher

fond memories for me

• I rather be super cool and walk!

• I am not the greatest driver, so eliminate car.
    I dont like riding on buses because if you can tell who the crazy person on the bus is, its you.
    I have always wanted to travel by train. Which I will get to do this summer when my sister and I go to the UK and we plan on taking the sleeper train.

• Specifically, I'd choose private jet first.
    If time wasn't an issue, I'd like a train (not a subway) and car. I would never ever CHOOSE to ride a bus.

• Oh, fancy. I like the private jet option, too!

• I'm not rich or snobby or anything but flying commercial planes in general is a huge hassle and I wish there was a better way.

• How about a boat eh?

www.charterworld.com/.../...ECT-LIGHT-by-night.jpg

www.lucidyacht.com/.../funny-boating-pic7.jpg

either will do. I just like the views from the water!

• In order:

1. Car
    2. Train
    3. Plane

However I do the majority of my long distance traveling in planes because it's most practical. I just take naps in air to kill time cause it's boring af

• Yeah, you save a lot of time by taking a plane, though I love road trips to see the different sights. :) Car is my go-to as well! I can't say I've been on many trains. I've taken the subway a couple times while in NYC.

• I've yet to travel very far in a train, typically it's just a 4 hour trip to Chicago. But I really want to take a trip from here all the way to the west coast one of these days via train.

I feel like it'd be very pretty and interesting!

• It does sound fun and relaxing to take a trip by train like that! You don't have to worry about road rage, as expensive of tickets, etc... I'm not sure how impatient I'd get, though. Haha.

• No motorbike lovely?😱😍

• here's me!

images.clipartpanda.com/...lip-20art-9cR7Mjzce.gif

(and physically impossible flags)

• Plane is my favorite! 🛬✈️🛫

• In an ideal world it would be bus but the service where I live is non existent. On my own I travel short distances by motorbike, medium by train and long by plane. I only use a car if I am with others, dressed to kill or if the weather is miserable.

• Car because I love a good old sing song to the radio and you get funny looks if you sing in public transport!

• plane or driving, i enjoy the view in my window and listening to whatever music that I want in my own space, i don't like messy and packed with people transportation

• I looove road trips! They are super fun, but then u can go to different continents by plane 😛 so that's a good thing haha but trains and buses are fun as well🙈 I can't chose ahaha anything that moves me is pretty awesome lol

• Hahaha, yeah, I agree! Road trips are super fun, though, and it's more practical for me to drive a car, so that's why a car is my choice (usually). :)

• plane. I like to see everything from above.

• Planes because there are less plane crashes than car/bus crashes, and trains often smell awful.

• 1|0
  • I practically take the train almost everyday, I can't drive. I would love to travel by plane if tickets weren't so damn expensive.

• Plane that preferably isn't delayed.

• boat :P hahaha

• Car, never been on any of the others. Well.. Except if school bus counts, and just no.

Plus too many other people on the others. I don't like being around a lot of people at once.

• For short distance like less then 5-6 hrs drive by car. Long distance I would prefer to fly.

• Depends on where I have to go

• Car!!!

• By plane

• A combination of everything. Plane for super long distances. Bus, metro or by foot to get around in cities. Train or bus to get from one city to another, car when it's faster than public transport to less connected places.

• All good points. :) I get antsy or anxious around a bunch of people on public transportation at times, though.

• Nah, neither of those. My personal space is just always invaded too much, and it makes me uncomfortable. It's dumb, I know. Haha.

• Not at all. Everyone has a different radius of personal space they need in order to feel comfortable.

• Plane for distance travel if im in a hurry cause its quick.
    Car for long road trips/scenic trips and every day use.

• I'm with you there. I've only been on one round trip flight, though. I'd like to experience that more.