Do you feel like people like you more when you're being fake or when you're being yourself?

• I feel like people like me more when I put on an act
  • I feel like people like me more when I'm being myself

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, DEFINITELY when I'm fake. I worked at bars for like 10 years, I have a million fake-friends. There are definitely hundreds of people out there who I can't stand but they think I think they're awesome😂 I'm really kind of a misanthrope when it comes down to it, despite my outgoing demeanor, I'm pretty easily annoyed by people and they're weird idiosyncrasies. If I was real with the majority of people they'd probably think I was a total dick, haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I really only interact with a few people a day, and those people are my friends. They like me for who I am.

I guess in general, I don't gel with a lot of people at my school, so, it's not even that I should tone myself down, it's more about interests.

Faking interests is a huge waste of time. Being fake is too.

What Guys Said 19

• I always feel that people like me when I am honest, but at the same time they can think what ever they want about me.. I am always honest even letting people know what I wear weather it it is on the net or in real life, that is just a part of my life now and if I am not liked for my honesty.. well then they know where they can go and I will even draw them a map how to get there.

I have never worried one bit how others view me or anything else they think about. I like anyone else am just trying to make it in this crazy mixed up world that is full of greedy governments and greedy corporations that just want as much money as they can get.. and as fast as they can get it.. I very much dislike any government or corporation.. not one tells the truth about anything.. they say only what the people want to hear just to get into office.. then take it all back when and if they get elected.. then to top it off once in a blue moon the wages for a job that many work their ass off to have may be pushed up 5 or ten cents per hour,, but yet the greedy Government will up there rate $5000.. go figure

• I don't care being liked or disliked and I never fake myself, never means never. I am always who I am , irrespective to what people may think about me.

• Never put on an act unless you are at a job interview and desperate for a job. Otherwise, acting will take too much energy and you won't be able to keep it up. Be yourself - that is always best. If people don't like the real you, fuck 'em. Don't worry, the realy you will be liked and you will still get a boyfriend.

• I don't know I have never been fake. Though I think I do show certain aspects of my personality to others not the entire personality.

• I'm TOTALLY fake when I'm at social events and those who don't know me love that side of me and those who know me laugh at me for same act :P
    But those close people love me for who I really am. Most of others don't really like when I'm being myself. I don't give a damn in person but in social settings I've to bear with them and put on a mask.

• I never act fake I am always 100% myself, and some people love it some people hate it *shrugs* but that's life, I ain't out to please the world I'm out to live my life while being myself.

• Is being "yourself" not also a role you undertake? I always laugh when mothers are like "Tommy stop acting like that that's Johny not you, now act like yourself". Yourself is a rendition of social creation. Authenticity comes from being in alignment with being.

• everyone likes a lie until the truth comes out
    no one likes a real person cause when the truth comes out it makes people look bad
    that's why people hate certain rules

www.youtube.com/watch

• Neither, I am who I am, accept it or not. I do try to be nice to everyone, but not everyone is worth being nice to. I'd prefer you (and others) just be themselves.

• I don't know how to be fake.

• no one would like me if i was always myself, i am an ass-whole

• Wish I could be fake, maybe people would like me more lol

• I don't know how the first one feels.

• When i forget to act, suddenly they like me :D

• well i am rarely real so i ll choose first option

• I'd rather be maself and disliked by everyone... than be fake and liked by everyone... ;)

• lol, like 90% of men would die virgins if they were their true self.. .

• I'm kinda scared that I put on an act a lot of the time and don't know how to be myself around people...

• I'm shy so it takes a while for me to warm up to people so B

What Girls Said 11

• I think it's best to be yourself because if people are cool with you when you pretend to be something you're not then you aren't really being true to yourself. And you don't know if these "friends" will stay your friends when they know the real you.

• Wouldn't know... I don't do the whole "putting on an act" thing. Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Alway when they are themselves!

• People always love my outgoing, down for anything, sweet, bubbly personality. However, it's usually a front that I put on to seem more confident and likable. Truthfully I'm awkward, random, like to be alone/independent, and usually get annoyed easily over little things. But people don't really want to hangout with the "real me" so there's no point in showing it that much.

• when I'm myself. i don't remember the last time i was fake.

• Im a natural misanthrope, negative, and probably depressed. People don't like that at all. But when I pretend to be happy and cheerful, they want to be near me. Not knowing that the smile is just a mask.

People prefer fake things.

• I wouldn't know if people liked me more when I'm fake because I'm not ever fake.

• People don't like me at all regardless so I might as well stick to being myself

• I dont think people can rlly handle the truth so I tell lies sometimes 😒

• I'm always myself. Except at work, I have to bit my tongue a lot when dealing with customers.

• People don't like me either way. Plus, I don't put on an act, I'm just really shy.