Are you a avid poet?

If so, what is your inspiration? Mine is my internal sadness

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, sadly, even though I'm proud of whatever words I tend to spit; I even starter a blog just to have my poems posted online even if no one sees them --honestly don't care. I just wanted an easy way to access them. I tend to write about internal sadness, too, and best ones come after a blue day. Most are about love though, and how it keeps 'destroying' my feelings.

Feels good to let it all out though, doesn't it? Especially when you don't have anyone to talk to about it.

• Yeah, it does, my life seems as if it is ruled by anxiety sounds crazy dosent it, i am planning on compiling them up and giving them to my secret love right before graduation, only because i know i won't see her again.

• Sounds like a great idea to be honest; fits perfectly in your situation. If it encourages you, don't think its weird at all (some people think so). I'm writing a whole book to my secret love as well, since I won't see her again --pretty much like you. Good luck man.

• Wow, i guess great minds think alike

What Girls Said 5

• mine is anything and everything~ i wrote my way through breakups, a friend's suicide, confusion about whether or not i felt anything for the guy i was dating... in a way, it's been a substitute for therapy, as it always healed me when i thought nothing ever would.

(my 12 year-old alter ego, xXxislitmywristsxXx, writes really shitty "emo" poems because they're hilarious.)

• i hope to be.
    i dunno it comes from whatever i feel in the moment. it could be experience, nature, other people, my emotions, something i read, etc.

• nope I write potery when I am at my lowest!

• I like apple pie more than an apple tart ,
      But more than that I just love the way you fart.

• Exactly what i ment, constant build-up of feelings, that need to be reliesed as art

• I guess!

• I don't like to call myself a poet..

But.. I do write.

Mostly, my writing is like a journal..

I do find, my writing is more prolific when i'm sad and in dark places.

• Yeah, seems as if all my life is just constant darkness and internal strife, but tis my inspiration

• I don't call myself a poet,
      Much like poetess.

• @takumii poet.. poetess.. semantics.

Regardless, I don't really consider myself one.

• I used to write quite a bit more. Desolation and lust seemed to be my favorite topics. As well as the fleeting, but also permanent nature of any especially vivid moment.

What Guys Said 7

• I am not a poet but I greatly admire Li Bai. The guy used 28 words split into 4 sentences and made me remember so much of my home that I almost cried.

It's hard to translate poem because of the tones and sounds and the compacted ideas behind them. The "Quiet Night Thought" described the guy waking up in the early morning. He noticed the moon peaking through his window. He looked out the window and saw the moon resting on the roof of the well with fog lying at a distance. Emotion welled in him as he looked up at the moon while sitting on his bed. Then he looked down on the ground in his room and missed so much of his people.

The simple poem gave an imagine so powerful that almost every Chinese who traveled looking to scratch a living in foreign land would relate to. You traveled so far away from your home. You worked so hard that you had no time to think. Now a moment of silence in the middle of the night. Looking at the same moon. You just simply missed the past.

• I am indeed.

• I don't write poetry but I write music. I am inspired by relationships.

• Whatever inspire me in the moment. During the sad times however is when I feel the therapeutic side of poetry.

• I am to sad to write poetry.

• no i don't really care for poetry

• I write because it is cathartic. I want to get something out of my system and I want someone else to relate. That being said, I'm not a good poet, but I love it.