Should I be friends with someone who has a good amount of close friends and has family members that are gang members?

I am desperate for more friends. I am also desperate for a date. I don't have any friends or family members that are gang members and I am not a gang member myself. This girl I am talking about, I met online. We never met in person, but are going to next week. She is 23. I have seen a pic of her with her friends a couple of years back, and in the pic her friends are throwing gang signs, but she isn't. I have also seen pics of her with her family, her brother and other family members were throwing gang signs.

Hello?
Answer please.

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like a bad idea,

• I only have one friend though.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think throwing gang signs means they are actually in a gang, but speaking from a family that has had a gang member, my cousin.
    Ended up in and out of jail because of them. First time exploded a bomb, lost his arm and went to jail for it. When he came out he was caught selling meth and back in jail he was again.
    I would say, being friends with someone who knows gang members are fine to befriend, befriending actual gang members can be different. And one needs to be extra careful if the girl is always surrounded by gang members though, you never know with them...

• I said she has close friends that are gang members and I know they are in a gang for sure and her brother and other family members of hers are in a gang for sure. She does surround herself by gang members.

• Is even being just friends with her a bad idea? Also I said she has family members AND close friends that are gang members.

• Just being friends could be fine

What Guys Said 1

• Gangs are gay, you don't need that poop.

• I only have one friend though.

• Can you respond please?

• Well its your life to live man, I can't tell you what to do. Go with your gut.