Is it more sad when your cat or your dog dies?

• Cat
  • Dog
They say dogs are more evolved to interact with people.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• When someone, be it human, pet, or anything else, dies... it only hurts if you were attached to them on some level... depending on how attached you were, will determine how much it will hurt. It's pathetic to say a cat is more sad or a dog is more sad, or anything else is more sad. What matters is how you felt for the person/pet/plant/ etc... and how close you were to them. Your MOM could die, and if you never met her, her death could hurt less than the death of your talking bird that talked to you every morning... So you see, it's dumb to simply ask a cat or a dog? It's just dumb.

• Are you saying its more sad when a bird dies than when your mom does?
      What kind of sociopath are you?

• Wow, your brain cells are too dead to comprehend what I wrote.

If that's the conclusion you came to after reading my opinion, then CLEARLY you're an idiot.

• There's ghost prisoners in cells inside my brain?
      You were in this prison for being a monster who laughs when others moms die?
      Wow

• If either one passed away, I would be devastated

• Either way. It doesn't matter really. Both would be devastating.

• Either way a real loving person wouldn't care more or less depending on what type of household pet it was. A true animal lover would miss either. You get an attachment and they become like family. Animal's are like babies why wouldn't you feel shitty if they died😢 I don't even like cat's like that, but after seeing a stray getting run over... I cried like a little b**** that still play's with your heart string's man.

• equally sad for me, they both have souls..

• i think that is equally sad :/

• it's always sad when an animal days, cat or dog :/

What Guys Said 7

• Cats and dogs are both lovely animals. So it is equal.

• Also I am not sure how much more dogs are evolved to interact with people. I just see people talk a lot of shit about cats that is not even true. I believe the people that talk shit about cats are the people that do not know how to treat a cat or look after a cat.

• I think the difference is that dogs have been bred specially to be able to take orders and help us work.
      Cats have helped to catch vermin but its more just an instinctual thing

• Oh yeah that is true. However, even with cats you can give the orders to a certian level like not to do things etc but yeah you can train dogs more with that stuff. The people I was talking about were the ones that say cats are mean, nasty and are jerks. Cats are not mean, nasty or jerks. Any animal will be men, nasty or a jerk back if you treat it wrongly. Cats don't attack innocent people like dogs do either.

• Well, I don't have pets, but in general I think it's more sad when your dog dies.

• I'm more of a cat person, but I've had dogs that died before and it was definitely sad regardless of what kind of pet one has

• In truth both

• The cat still has like 8 more lives

• Most cats are plug-and-play. Occasionally you meet one with a real personality.

• I only own cats... so I guess I would have to say cat. My old cat died and I was very devastated.

I don''t think you can measure sadness in terms of levels.