How would you react if your child told you they were trans?

And that they wanted to start dressing like the opposite gender (not necessarily getting surgery yet)

• I wouldn't care, I would support them and still love them
  • I don't like trans, but they're my child so I would still love them and support them
  • I would go along with it, because I know it's just a phase
  • I wouldn't support it and wouldn't allow them to dress like the opposite gender
  • I would disown/kick them out.
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh not my life, not my decisions. If that's what makes them happy, who am I to stop them.
    It would be a shock at first, not gonna lie, given that it's something you're not used to, but in the end I wouldn't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care, I would support them and still love them. Literally would have zero problems with it. I wouldn't even be sad or even slightly disappointed or anything, at all. It would be cool beanz.

What Guys Said 11

• Goes straight to psychiatric therapy.

• Give em a good 1, 2 and smack the trans out of them

What is this rubbish and why didn't it exist back in the day... environmental influence thats why. Surgery is not natural and it will eventually lead to that. So if they feel that way, whatever, but ill try to make sure they keep it natural

• I wouldn't care it's their private life they can do what their want.
    i would still love and support them, i would want them to be happy with who they're and want to be.

• Confused though extremely curious. I would probably have the child examined by various psychiatrists and other physicians to get to the bottom of this trans thing, and from there decide on the best course of action with my child of course.

• Delete their Tumblr.

• Tell them that it's not happening under my roof, and if they want to do that when they move out, they're out of my will.

• What are they at this point, five or something?

• I'd be okay with it.

• If they were my child, they'd know their place!

• He/she will be taken to therapy.

• I would not support them i ain't with that gay stuff

What Girls Said 11

• Be like '... okay? I'm glad you told me. Want me to call you a different name? Want me to change pronouns? Want me to take you shopping? Tell me what you need me to do to make you happier and I'll do it'. Being trans is not a big issue for me, I dont care what gender my child identifies with. All I care about is that they're good people and they're happy.

• As long as they don't tell me their some fucked up furry animal that identifies as being a gynosexual homoflexible skoliosexual dragon thing like a lot of idiots seem to be doing.

Like... no, gynosexual means y'all be attracted to women. That makes you lesbian or straight depending on your gender.

If my kid identified as gay/lesbian/asexual/bisexual/straight/trans... awesome. I can deal with that. But none of the other bullshit "sexual orientations" they seem to believe to exist.

• *they're

auto correct for some reason...

• "As long as they don't tell me their some fucked up furry animal that identifies as being a gynosexual homoflexible skoliosexual dragon thing like a lot of idiots seem to be doing."

Oh God I'm happy now.

• Being "transexual" is not a sexual orientation. It is actually a mental disorder called gender dysphoria ("trans" is just a social construct). This condition usually comes with a dose of dysthymia that seems to be enough of a trigger to make a person want to alter their bodies to assimilate that of the opposite sex.

Just my two cents here.

• I wouldn't really give two 💩💩's honestly. People are to focused on what other's will think because they have know brain of their own. And that is why life is hard for them now, they can not think on their own. They belittle the kid/just make life miserable for the kid. Yeah some people don't agree with my views, but idgaf its not their choice. I'll be a supportive parent before I become a abusive or neglectful one. I just want my kid (s) to be happy and know that I love them. It is called parenting NOT bullying. As long as he/she/they aren't hurting other's it's not a big problem they can run around london in purple boots and a green tutu claiming to be Queen Elizabeth. Most of these people today are all screwed up because they didn't get enough love/attention from childhood and the cycle of repeat doesn't stop. And I'm striving NOT to be that A**h*** parent. If my son wanted a tiara or dress I'd BEDAZZLE that b****(dress/tiara)😜Or my daughter a suit and boy hairstyle... who am I to judge. There are worse thing's out here to get into believe me👌

• It's their body and their choice. I would support them no matter what. If anything to help I would probably talk to my brother so I'm more knowledgable on the surgery and such. That way I can understand more and help with whatever I can.

• I don't care! I see them the same!

• i got 99 problems but ma kid being ain't one

• I would ask what I can to make them happy if that includes shopping for different clothes, calling them different pronouns, or whatever. I don't care what they do as long as it does not hurt other people and makes them happy.

• I would talk to them, and see if they can quit the idea and come to senses..
    And pray of course
    If none of it works then it's their choice.

I would not be supporting them financially for the surgery, or whatever.

I am not going to partake in the transformation..

• Between C and D. Most likely D.

• I'll still love them no matter what. 😊

• Beat them