A guy told me "You're too pretty to talk"?

I was in a heater argument with a friend of mine. We were arguing over something stupid, I can't remember what, I just remember we were like play fighting. Any way we started going back and forth with each other and suddenly this other guy appears out of nowhere and tells us both to shut up. He turned to me and said "you're too pretty to talk." Then he was surpirsed when I got upset. That whole statement was a like a compliment and sexist bullshit all wrapped up in one. He thinks I overreacted but I think I was right.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You already were agitated and at a highly sensitive moment, what he said was just the icing on the cake.

Don't allow people to set you off so easy.

Some people say dumb things but don't put any real thoughts behind it. I think this is an example. This guy most likely did not mean it in a sexist way.

It's just one of those things that is said without thinking.

What Guys Said 2

• You were right. That was a very douchey statement he said. A good retort would have been, "Well, you're too stupid to talk!"

• He was probably saying you are too pretty to get in a heated argument with some other guy. Do you get ugly when you start arguing?

What Girls Said 2

• what a stupid fucking thing to say

• I would've been pissed. That is really offensive but he was probably jealous about the whole thing so he projected his hate onto you.