Easiest way to lucid dream?

I really want to be able to lucid dream! What's the best way to do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a program from Manroe Institute (not sure on the spelling on that one) that uses differentiating sound waves to help achieve lucid dreaming.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• I honestly have to agree with @ClumsyAngel
    You need to know that you're actually dreaming

AND you need to believe. What you think, comes true
    You know, as a kid, when you're playing, some kids start roleplaying. Like for example a kid pretends he's superman and believe it, commits to that role while he plays -> he believes
    You need that when you dream. You need to have the mindset of for example 'I wake up, stretch my legs and shoot lasers in the garden out of my fingertips'. You must believe that this is 'normal' and an everyday thing. And THEN you'll actually shoot lasers in your dream xD

• I think I first started when I got sick of scary dreams and nightmares at around 16 years of age and getting to that point where you die in the dream and wake up in shock... so on one occasion, when I woke up and was still in a half sleep state, I decided to go back into my dream... the result was the same, so I did it again, and again until I got the result I wanted - not being stabbed by the intruder and throwing him out the window... since then I have been able to go in and out of dreams and alter the scenario to suit what I want... I have only had two other nightmares since then...

• Keep a log of your dreams, whenever you wake up - focus on remembering your dream, before you go to bed tell yourself you want to remember your dreams and be aware of it.

Generally speaking I don't recommend lucid dreaming too much. There are other ways to achieve the same effects of what your mind is capable of (self-hypnosis for example) without the disadvantages that come with lucid dreaming (very unsatisfying and unresting sleep).

• Sensory deprivation as training wheels, possibly some narcotics might help.

• Make it a habit to "reality check". Keep a log of your dreams.

• I never have dreams, but I recently tried Belsomra and it made me dream like crazy. Nothing bad, though.

• The best way to lucid dream is to realize that all dreams are lucid. Simply stop reacting in them and start acting in them.

• Take LSD

• melatonin

• Before you fall asleep tell yourself the plan. I tell myself you're going to fall asleep then you will have a dream that dream is going to be about getting down and kinky with a couple girls then you're going to remember that and you will wake up and still remember that

• Nicotine patches. Warning if you have no nicotine tolerance you will get sick as a dog. But you do have lucid dreams. It's the main side effect of them.

What Girls Said 4

• Ah Lucid dreaming. Something I strive to do for years but sadly haven't had many results apart from fabulous dream recall. The only way to really lucid dream is through dedicated practice. Start off by buying a journal to write your dreams in whenever you remember them. Hopefully you'll notice an increase in recall so that you're remembering two to three dreams a night. During this time you should also try to do reality checks several times a day. You do this by asking yourself if you're dreaming or not and testing your surroundings. This will hopefully mean you do the same in your dreams. Also try to notice patterns in your dreams because you can use those patterns as triggers for lucid dreaming. Other than that the main thing you need is sleep and dedication. I have managed to have a few lucid dreams since I started practicing but I think it comes to some easier than others and I just sadly wasn't one of those lucky people XD

• I've always had lucid dreams from sleep paralysis. I can't control when I get that though, it's at random.

• Yeah my friend has turned her sleep paralysis into lucid dreaming several times now. In a way I'm jealous but at the same time I'm soo afraid o SP. I hope you get rid of the SP sometime soon!

• those are hallucinations, not dreams.

• @thewanderingme I'm not talking about the hallucinations that come with SP. I actually stopped having hallucinations with my SP years ago, I actually have lucid dreams from it. I can control what i dream but it feels real. It's crazy, I'm not awake, but not asleep and it's like entering a whole new realm. I have fear like real life, if I try and fly it takes concentration because i still have that thought if I fall ill be done. Once I start flying it feels like the most amazing thing in the world, I can even feel cold or hot air temps in my dream that's how vivid they are.

• I have lucid dreams all the time but I don't know how to activate it. Just today I was able to control it and it get weird some times but you go with the flow and it get really fun the down side it I get woken up before I get to have more fun :(

• To realize that you're dreaming... Pretty crappy advice, right? But it works for me :/