What is your body mass index?

My BMI is 22.3. I may be considered at normal weight but I have belly fat. I want to lower my BMI. I don't like being 22.3

• Underweight ( Under 18.5)
  • Normalweight (From 18.5 to 24.9)
  • Overweight (From 25 to 29.9)
  • 1st class Obese (From 30 to 34.9)
  • 2nd class Obese (From 35 to 39.9)
  • Morbidly Obese (40 and more)

Most Helpful Girl

• 21.1
    but the thing with bmi is that a really muscular, healthy person can be deemed "overweight"
    while a person carrying more fat with less muscle can be even deemed "underweight"
    I don't know, body fat % is more useful, i find

• Yes but gaining muscle is not an easy thing. It takes so much time. In 2 months while I can gain only 1 kilograms muscle, I can gain 8 kilograms fat. Gaining muscle is not as easy as you think.

• @sherbearee; not everybody who uses steroids becomes like Arnold.

• it is too damn difficult to have a six pack even when you are slim. Are you aware of that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm also 22.3

You're belly fat isn't because your bmi is too high, its because your fat:muscle ratio is too high. Trim down the fat and put on muscle. That way you can keep your normal bmi while losing the fat.

• Put on muscle? I can lose 8 kilograms in 2 months but I can only gain 1 kilogram muscle so how am I supposed to remain at the same weight while losing fat? Gaining muscle takes very long time. Don't you know that?

• 20-21 is the best BMI for non-muscular men.

• I lost 1 more kilogram. My BMI is 22.0 now.

What Girls Said 13

• Honestly, no idea. I haven't weighed myself in about ten years. No matter what the number is, it makes me unhappy so I don't check it.

My pant size has not changed since I last weighed myself, and they fit without ballooning. My doctor has never said anything to me so I don't worry myself over it.

• based on the last time i weighed myself mine is 24.7. there was a brief period of time last year when it was 21.8. i really gotta stop eating so much! lol

• I am overweight! Don't judge me!

• A little thicker round the hips;
    Little thicker on the thighs;
    But when I shake shake shake;
    You can't stop your eyes. ;)

• Morbidly obese probs

• I'm a very healthy 26.5.

• Healthy?

• @FakeName123
      A girl being 26.5? Yes she gained so much muscle at gym. That's why she is 26.5

• @asker girls naturally have more body fat though

• 18.7

• 23.6.
    Normal weight.

• My bmi is 20 so I guess that's alright, although I don't think I'm really that skinny.

• Who tells you that you are skinny? Somebody? My BMI is 22.3 but I want to lose weight because I have belly fat. Do you have belly fat?

• You are a lovely bit of crumpet with the BMI of 20, @spuitkaas;

• Hmm... just checked it, wish I wouldn't have. Mine's 30.4... yikes

• 19,5 so normal

• 18.2 so underweight if going by that alone /

• My BMI is 21.

What Guys Said 8

• Errr... I think it's around 25.5. I don't consider myself "overweight"... I'm just kinda chubby I guess ;-)

• I think 25.5 is too high. Actualy BMI changed, according to new BMI standarts, over 24 is considered overweight but I wrote the old BMI standarts. Everybody is talking about body fat on here how many percent of people are GYM Monkeys? Very little number of people. So why bring the body fat up every time? Most of people who are overweight is not because they are gym monkeys but because they build a lot of fat.

• Well, it might also be 24,5. I haven't ever actually calculated it (I also don't care too much about the exact number). I just know that I'm a little chubby. And yes, I know it's too high but unfortunately, losing weight is not as easy for some people as it is for others. For example in my case, it's mostly about working out, not about the food I eat. I think I'm pretty talented at cooking and I tend to eat a lot of healthy food. Unfortunately, I have a strong visual disability that lets me not work out a lot. Most sports are not allowed for me. For example I'm not allowed to do any team sports, especially nothing where some sort of ball is involved (simply because it's too dangerous). I'm also not allowed to run because I have a glaucoma. I'm also not allowed to do any kind of muscle training (weight lifting, push-ups etc.). The only two ways of working out that I'm allowed to do is swimming and riding a bike (home trainer). So even if I'd become completely vegetarian, I don't think

• I can ever become really skinny. But I think the way I am right now, I'm also okay. Obviously, being seriously overweight is very unhealthy. However, I wouldn't take this whole BMI-thing too religiously. For example new medical studies have shown that being chubby is actually beneficial for the body's health, rather than unhealthy. qz.com/.../
      There are also new studies from 2014 that suggest that anything under a BMI of 30 is actually okay (so a BMI of 27 or 28 is not dangerous).

I think what we learn from all this is that generally speaking, it's a good idea to eat healthy and - if you can - work out a bit. But we also shouldn't take it too religiously. Being chubby is not the same as being morbidly obese. I also think that your lifestyle matters. For example if you're overweight but you try to eat a lot of healthy food, I'm convinced that this is better for the body than somebody who is skinny as a stick but goes to McDonald's every week.

• Overweight (From 25 to 29.9)

• I don't even know. I go off of height, weight, body fat %

• BMI is biggest bullshit I ever heard of, It doesn't calculate your muscle mass lol my bmi is 26 but b. f % is 12% at 6'3 219 and I am ripped af so

• If you were a 5'7'' or 5'8'' guy, being a muscular man at the BMI of 26 wouldn't look good. Having higher BMI suits taller men. Do you know what Bruce Lee's BMI was? It was about 21.

• Saving as much muscles as you can loosing weight by cutting calories but keeping proteins till.8gm/your body weight in pounds

• I dunno.
    I wouldn't call myself obese but I'm about 50-60 pounds over optimal weight...
    If that's obese then I guess I'll have to live with it till I lose it ;)

• Not the faintest idea. I'm 6'3 190. So probably on the lower side.

• I'm 22.5

• My BMI is 32.8.