Vegetarians/vegans who wear leather - hypocrites or not?

• hypocrites
    43% (6)80% (8)58% (14)Vote
  • not hypocrites
    57% (8)20% (2)42% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all leather is actually leather they can use other materials to mimic leather same with fur.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not hypocrites. Some vegan just eat vegan to be healthier or they don't like the taste of meat very much and oppose dairy.
    And at this point, leather is a by product of the livestock industry. Some of the cows skin gets sold and turned into leather but most of it gets thrown away, because the demand for meat is much higher the demand for leather. We're no longer in the buisness of using everything of an animal. Loads of meat, bones, organs and well skin gets thrown out when it shouldn't. If we're killing them we might as well use all of it, right?

Fur on the other hand...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I was pretty sure veganism was a lifestyle, but I thought vegetarians only made food choices differently throughout their lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the reasons I don't take them all that seriously - why be against eating meat if you're gonna wear the leather anyway?

0|0
    0|0
  • I say not.

Some veggies/ vegans do it because they don't like meat or for dietary reasons.

And no, I'm not a veggie or a vegan :p

0|0
    0|0
  • Some vegans are only vegan because it's healthier. Those who wear leather and are vegan for animal rights reasons are hypocrites.

0|0
    0|0
  • Phahaha hypocrites yea

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't call them hypocrites. There's a difference between plant-based eaters and vegans.
    Some people are vegetarian or vegan for health reasons rather than ethical reasons. Some people just don't like eating meat/fish but don't mind wearing leather/fur.
    It all depends on WHY they chose to be vegan/vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on their reasoning behind their dietary restrictions. Some just think meet isn't healthy. It isn't just about saving the animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • hypocrites

0|0
    0|0
  • More like disgusting insensitive show offs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going with B because Vegetarians can be vegetarians for many reasons. Lol.
    Vegans however are indeed.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a vegetarian who occasionally wears leather, I'm pretty sure it's only hypocritical if you're vegan/vegetarian for animal rights etc. , which i'm not... Mostly

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll never see a vegan wearing leather lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know many vegans so I don't know if that's accurate but you'll definitely see vegetarians who do

• You'd be surprised how many people don't know that leather is actually cow's skin. So there should have been a third option in you poll called "uneducated"

I just recently had two friends from china and india who had no idea what leather was