Why do men believe it's okay for men to have multiple partners but not women , should it be equal?

To me it seems these days men believe it acceptable for them to sleep around but not for women. Why should it be any different. Women also get the erge to have sex to. I'm so fed up of hearing slaggy men say it's not okay for women but okay for them.

To those saying a woman can get pregnant , if she was on the pill she can't , and to those saying men can sleep about and spread their seed to all different women why the hell is their dieseas such as HIV please stop trying to make excuses for men but not women

Most Helpful Guy

• The way I look at it, it's not making much of a difference for most women. Most women still have multiple partners and sleep around, it's not mattering much. But it's hypocritical for these men to sleep around and forbid women from doing so because if women stopped sleeping around neither will the guys (assuming they're straight) whether they like it or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally agree with you and more than that, you're updates is SO accurate. I gave up on talking about those subjects on Gag because it's just upsetting.
    Before my boyfriend, I would always practice safe sex and was always careful. I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend is pretty much a feminist (not the feminazi bullshit though).
    I had hook ups, that's even how we met and when I told him a little more on the subject he just told me that it was normal for women to have fun and experiment just like men.

What Guys Said 29

• I'm tired of this question. Not once have I heard anyman say that, not once. Women say this to make excuses. No one has prevented a woman from sleeping around, no one. Its not against the law however there are consequences and one of those consequences is later on in life when you want to settle down and be treated special many men are not going to want to do that with you. The fact is men who want a relationship don't like women who sleep around, men who don't want a relationship love women who sleep around. No one is saying men can sleep around but women can't, what is being said is that if a woman sleeps around their will be a sizable part of the male population which will not appreciate that fact as they are relationship oriented and cannot (with good reason) trust a woman who has slept around with their long term happiness. YOu can do what ever you want, more so then men in fact. However there is a distinction between being able to do what you want and being able to do what you want without consequence. You'll never be able to do what you want without consequneces. If you want to sleep around then do so, again no one is stopping you, but do except the fact that this will mean that to a lot of men you won't be relationship material.

• Women don't want consequences or be made to take responsibility for their actions, that is the problem.

• Its not like you're not allowed. Nobody is going to stop you from sleeping around. Will some guys not want to date you based on your past? Sure but thats their right, just like you are free to refuse guys based on their past.

• Because biology. One man can have children with multiple women but one woman with multiple men. . . why would the men be sticking around? Women don't really need multiple partners and their body is just not built for it

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

I suppose its worth mentioning that it ain't always 'backwards' when a guy has more then one wife. I saw a guy whose wives came because they wanted to I think he had more then 10. Me + multiple partners = success. Woman with multiple partnes = it ain't happening

DooMguy out

• What about women that want multiple partners of have had multiple partners?

• And what's the difference a man had a baby so does a woman she just Carrys the baby. What about people who can't have children are they naturally programmed to sleep with everyone. What a load of shit.

• mmm. . . well I'd say they don't know what they're doing. With all the STIs going around. . .. and accidents do happen. Not to mention "if it ain't broke"

I'm just sayin' that a woman can only have children with one person at a time. Those people who can't have children. . . . I'd say that they would . . . . you know I ain't sure about that, it just depends on what they're like

• Simple.

Women are mostly okay with a man having a lot of sex partners. Then they think guys should feel the same way about women. Not so.

Women's instincts recognize that if a man can get lots of women, that means he's desirable, to a degree.

Men realize on an instinctual level that a woman who is promiscuous is more likely to cuckold him or cheat. Not good.

• Women don't want men who have slept around to we also feel they will cheat. How do men seem to know more about a woman's mind than a woman?

• Then show us better. Refuse to date players or bad boys. Don't sleep around.

• I personally believe that it's not ok for ANY gender to have multiple partners, except for open relationships.

• That makes no sense , I am talking about single people

• I'm talking about both single and taken people. I personally am, not in favour of anyone having multiple partners, irrespective of gender.

• Because been and women are different.. There could never be equality in this area! Men often see women as innocent and less experienced... But why a guy Kearns that the girl has slept around a lot we lost interest and thing she won't make a good wife...

Whereas more girls like men who have experience...

And by the way but all men sleep around...

Like I don't and I want a girl who has not Been with many partners either..

This is how it works... Like it or not it will be like this always

• I don't want a man who has slept around? And every girl I know don't either

• So you are a hypocrite to boot, how very typical of women these days.

• yeah she says over a hundred and look at her age range, who would want her.

• While its morally and ethically stupid, there is a point biologically. On a pure evolutionary point of view men are meant to spread their semen in as many women as they can. Women on the other hand are meant to get the very best semen from the best one guy they can get.

Naturally it is still stupid, because while nature still has effects on us, we shouldn't act like animals. I still do assume that this drive is where the thought-process comes from.

• Mostly right, except for the "one guy" part. The biological evidence that women are hardwired to try to get impregnated by multiple high-fitness males is pretty irrefutable at this point.

• @redeyemindtricks actually that is not the case. From what evidence we have women are far more likely to try and find the most well off male and mate with him (its called hypergamy) this is why pre marriage the percentage of women who reproduced was about 80% yet the rate at which men reproduced was about 40%, women where more then willing to share a man so long as he was at the top (or near the top) of the social/economic ladder.

• "To me it seems these days men believe it acceptable for them to sleep around but not for women. "

It's always been like that from since humans came into existence.
    The reason why?
    Biology, anatomy, human sociology, you name it. The human body is made for ONE thing, reproduction. Nothing else.

Basically it goes like this:
    1 man + 5 women + 1 year = 5 pregnancies/5 babies.
    1 woman + 5 men + 1 year = 1 pregnancy/1+ bab (ies).

If you had to repopulate the Earth, which is more feasible?

• Just because the woman Carrys the baby does not mean it's just down to her. We all have feelings for a reason. If men feel they are ment to go round inpregnanting women then why the hell do they get feelings for the kid. Basically men should not care then. We are not animals so quit with this fucking bullshit. Humans are not animals so we do not think like them. If men think they think like animals they would also be shagging other men as well as women. And sniffing each others arseholes. Why do some women want to sleep with different men if she is not meant to. We all have different minds we all think differently

• "Basically men should not care then."

Untrue, how else is the man going to ensure the survival and success of his children if he doesn't help? Men are not as active due to having to go out and work to bring home food and stuff.
      "Why do some women want to sleep with different men if she is not meant to"
      It's been recorded that around ovulation, women go into "heat" and seek out genetically superior (manly) men to impregnate them, and settle with the more fiscally responsible (not so manly) men to take care of them.
      www.livescience.com/...ertile-women-manly-men.html

Now, this isn't 100% true for EVERY one, but it does shed some light on human interaction.

• why do people on this site think that because the other gender does something means that they think that way? some girls drink and drive. doesn't mean women think it's ok to drink and drive.

• No I get fed up of men telling me because I've have slept with multiple men that it's a turn off but it's okay for them

• ok, that's that dude. you just pick shitty men i guess. I don't know.

• If he finds it a turn off he does, he is allowed to be turned off by something that disgusts him. Women do that all the time.

• I don't think I could handle my girl being with another guy so I guess I wouldn't be with another girl out of respect and fairness. I guess I'm not in the norm here but I disagree on all counts.

• Men don't turn around and seek child support from women who aren't his baby momma.

Besides, women are miserable in those kinds of relationships. No woman wants to get fucked by 100 different dicks her whole life.

• How do you know that tho , do you have a woman's mind. If I'm honest I have slept with over a hundred men. I just don't like the fact of men telling me it's bad when they've done it.

• Oh yeah? How about you link me to some of your stuff so I can have a wank to it and actually get some use out of you, since currently you're a complete waste of my time.

• Sorry but no guy in his right mind would want to be with you. For a start you are clearly anybodies, secondly you could have all sorts of diseases, most people will be disgusted by this.

• Why is it up to us to be okay with you opening your legs to anyone and everyone?
    Guys have a list of things that they want in a partner and girls have their list. Those two lists are not the same. That's why it shouldn't necessarily be equal.

I am not one of the hypocritical people on this. I don't think there are many guys on this site that are. Maybe you are just attracted to those types. That's still on you.

• Do you mean have HAD multiple partners?

Because this question has been asked and answered a billion trillion times.

Women LIKE men who have demonstrated the skills necessary to get laid.

Women don't NEED to demonstrate ANY skill in order to get laid.

Pretty basic.

• Because some men think they are gods gift to women and think the rules are different for them

• I think its ok for both sexes. Anyone can do it its just society judges people differently. So its not so much as men faults but society as a whole.

• Because we're 2 different genders. A man who sleeps around has value, a women who does the same doesn't have value

• Maybe your thinking of Islam only.

• I take it you have a very wide experience to make that claim chief?

• Yes but it works both ways, like there are dozens of things that women think is ok for them to do but not men.

• It should be equal.

• My fiancĂ©e and I are both virgins. No regrets.

• If you're not in a relationship and cheating and is using protection, why should anyone care?

• WHO SAID THAT LOL YOU WOMEN ARE INTO ORGIES WAY MORE THAN GUYS ARE SO I DON'T SEE THE CORRELATION

• it's wrong... on BOTH sides.

• men can't get pregnant...

• So if a woman was on the pill neither can she

• To me its seem acceptable to professionally con men into believing the opposite sex loves them with all this feminazi feminism crap if you hate them then why not just tell them and it.

• Some men think that.

Some men don't sleep around and don't think women should.

Some men sleep around and are fine with women who have.

Some men sleep around, but wouldn't get serious with a woman who has, because they think women have higher opportunities/incentive to cheat than men do, and hence don't trust promiscuous women.

Some men are just taking what they can. They don't want a partner who slept around, and since they can get women who haven't, who won't hold it against them that they have, they go for it.

Realistically, only guys who are attractive (overall) are able to sleep around. So women may not like it, but they like those guys, so they deal with it. Similarly, if a woman is a 9 or 10 looks wise, and has slept around, all kinds of guys who say they wouldn't date a girl who's slept around would be tripping over themselves to date her. So a big part of it simply is who did it and can get away with it. Most guys do not have an opportunity to sleep around.

• for a woman its nature, for a man a high achievement

• Man whores say its okay to sleep around.
    sluts say its okay to sleep around.

The rest of men and women just want to find one person to love.

so it is equal. just not to man whores and sluts.

What Girls Said 4

• Men who share that belief are usually so backwards that they don't even realize that women enjoy sex very much as well. They think sex is primarily if not only for the man to be pleasured so... the more the merrier to them.

I've also heard some try to justify it with how men are 'hardwired' to 'spread their seed' and not stay with just one woman.
    😖

• To be fair, men kinda ARE hardwired to do that.

But, that is whole can of worms best not opened... because we're hardwired to be conniving backstabbers who get preg by various baby daddies while suckering another dude into the parental role.
      Yep.
      Red queen theory + different mate preferences on/off ovulation + paternity confusion (all babies look kinda like all other babies).

I mean, both sides of that whole evo-psych bit are pretty well established by now. I lol @ dudes who've only read about their own side... because our side is way way badder.

• Heh, well, tbh that's one problem I don't have. I'm pretty much always up for it, and my husband is an evil genius who has a way of getting me right up to the edge of full climax and then... just leaving me there. o_o

Mood swings yeah tho. Well, mine aren't genuine "mood swings" as much as "getting weirdly emotional about things that clearly aren't big deals".

• bear in mind above she has said over a hundred men and she is still young, surely no bloke will like that.

• It should be equal! Hell I am about to start acting like a guy! hahah

• If I'm in a relationship I expect neither of us to have multiple partners. If I'm not in a relationship everybody has the freedom to choose what's best for themselves.

• Not all think that. And for some it has to do with the double standards. For others, it's religion.