If you were forced to change religions, or become religious, which would you choose and why? Which other religion sounds the most rational to you?

I'm kinda agnostic at the moment. But if I was forced to become religious, I'd probably join Buddhism. It's about peace and happiness and shit and there isn't a real "God"..

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm agnostic/atheist and I would go down the Buddhist route too, or maybe Daoism. Not any of dat Christian stuff, too much for me bruh

What Guys Said 13

• Catholicism- raw sex all day, confess and get forgiven, it's a blast.

• Given your avatar I thought you'd be more likely to be touched by His noodly appendage.

• @MaskedSanity as long as it's a lamp noodle it can't do any damage!

• Buddhism I suppose, would be my choice
    I used to semi'ish follow that one anyway
    before I became a child of the law of one. ^.~

• Now, what is "a child of the law of one"? ^-^
      Sounds familiar to me.

• @BlueSJ Yeah I started out here atheist/semi buddhist
      but I came to realize that denying possibilities are a fools choice. ^.~

• Exactly. I was in a philosophy class yesterday,
      and we were talking about that. ^-^

• I am Eastern Orthodox at the moment.

If I had to switch, I suppose I'd go into one of those traditionalist Catholic groups like the sedavacantist SSPX or whatever since they're similar to the Orthodox Church. The modern Catholic Church is just too liberal and watered down.

• I am Buddhist, but I prefer to be Christian. It is my choice though of course.

Also in Buddhism there is no God. It is the Life Philosophy Of The Gautama Buddha.

So if you Atheists, or Agnostics want to chose a faith it would be good for you if you want to pick it in general too as well so depending on your ground on Religion which is leaning whatever probably tends to be your natural opinion on that subject matter pretty much in general too.

• I would choose Hinduism. Because it's more of a philosophy about being a decent human being rather than a belief system.

• Probably Judaism.

• Christianity, i myself "is" a christian, can't say i go to church but i pray through meditation like a Buddhist and God is so far away so you could treat God like an overseer of the world, besides we get freedom of choice whether we sin or not we can always ask for forgiveness (as long as it's sincere) P. S Jesus was one helluva guy, and definitely one helluva God son.

• Shintoism or some other eastern religion

• If I'm forced to choose a religion, I would be pastafarist.

• I'd pick islam! It's a beautiful Religion!

• I think I am relgious but no one can force me to change my relgion I'd die before I do this

• I'd become a non-denominational Christian.

• Well... Buddhism is a peaceful religion...

What Girls Said 8

• I'm atheist but I'm with you in that, if I was forced to change religions, I'd choose Buddhism.

I was raised Catholic but was never, even as a kid, into it. I didn't develop any more tolerance or greater understanding of it, try as my mom might, as I matured. Truth be told, I particularly hate the whole organized religion aspect behind it. Some homilies when I do go to church (basically by force) can be nice but I'll usually tune in only partially and the rest of the time, be thinking of how I could apply that to my own life, or will be on a whole 'nother planet and be thinking of issues I'm dealing with.

My boyfriend was raised Buddhist. Though he's non-practicing, I love the whole concept behind it. The spiritual aspect is right along my alley. Not so much teaching morals/values by way of fairy-tales. :P

• I'm agnostic too. If I were forced to join a religion, I'd have to do some more research to be sure of my choice, but I'd lean toward Buddhism as well. I don't like the negativity or self-righteousness that seems to come with some religions, and I haven't really seen that with Buddhism.
    Plus I like the anti-materialistic aspects of it.

• I would tell them to send me to my maker. Switch religions? Absolutely not.

• I would be a Wiccan because it interests me. I'm agnostic.

• I would be either Jewish, Hindu or Muslim.

• I wouldn't do something I was forced to do.

• I'm not religious, and I don't think I would ever change.
    So I chose none other religion

• Probably Buddhism for me!!